• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stop that narrow boat!"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Rag and bone man's cart?

Milk float? They'd better hurry though, because I recently read there are now only a couple of thousand Dairy Crest milk delivery people left in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    ...three hours and fifteen minutes of not-very-exciting 'action'...
    3hr 15min film of not-very-exciting action about a boat?

Titanic.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Actually the bridge is the ideal time to board the boat as it chugs past

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I know - I was joking!
    Thanks, I was about to refer you to my therapist. He's not very good, mind, and he needs the practice...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

A 13-mile chase at 4mph. By my maths, that's three hours and fifteen minutes of not-very-exciting 'action'. You need to get out more...
    I know - I was joking!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Just think of the tension as the boat goes under a bridge and the coppers lose sight of it for a few moments!

All those startled ducks and swans having to get out of the way as the boat bears down upon them.

Maude in bed mistaking the rocking caused by huge wash as the boat powers past as Geoff getting all fruity for the first time in 40 years.

Three hours isn't enough to fill all that back story.
    It'll be like 'Gone With The Wind' though, you'll never make it to the end...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Just think of the tension as the boat goes under a bridge and the coppers lose sight of it for a few moments!

All those startled ducks and swans having to get out of the way as the boat bears down upon them.

Maude in bed mistaking the rocking caused by huge wash as the boat powers past as Geoff getting all fruity for the first time in 40 years.

Three hours isn't enough to fill all that back story.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Highlights? They should show the whole thing. There's nothing as exciting as a police chase!
    A 13-mile chase at 4mph. By my maths, that's three hours and fifteen minutes of not-very-exciting 'action'. You need to get out more...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

... I'm looking forward to the highlights on the next series of Police, Camera, Action though...

Highlights? They should show the whole thing. There's nothing as exciting as a police chase!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    A 13-mile chase at walking pace? Sticking my neck out here, but it doesn't look like the police were trying really hard to catch the miscreant. I'm looking forward to the highlights on the next series of Police, Camera, Action though...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    OK what's the next obvious vehicle someone is going to steal in the UK? There has been a bin lorry, police car, Thames Clipper, buses and now a narrow boat.
    Rag and bone man's cart?

Milk float? They'd better hurry though, because I recently read there are now only a couple of thousand Dairy Crest milk delivery people left in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Ah...but was it stolen?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    OK what's the next obvious vehicle someone is going to steal in the UK? There has been a bin lorry, police car, Thames Clipper, buses and now a narrow boat.
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...46973602066094

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Stolen 15-tonne road sweeper stopped by police after 12 parked cars damaged in four-mile rampage through Manchester - Manchester Evening News

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X