• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "we not done this yet, this Gal could be a real contractor!"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    She looks like a hooker to be honest.

I'm not sure I would be exactly happy forking out 15k for a year at uni and someone walks out to give you a lecture with massive Stacy Slater hoop earrings. But then you wouldn't be able to complain with her set up.

Krug matched the academic caricature she had created with a Latina sartorial caricature that was just as heavy-handed, showing up to teach her classes at GWU wearing tight cheetah-print pants, a crop top, shoulder-grazing hoop earrings, and a nose ring, according to an interview one of her students gave the Cut. In a photo on her official web page for GWU (since removed), she wears a low-cut, bust-exposing purple dress that looks more suitable for a night on the town than a morning in the classroom.
    Deception and Complicity—the Strange Case of Jessica Krug - Quillette

I've been selling my tulipty posts to smart people and getting away with it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I'm not sure I would be exactly happy forking out 15k for a year at uni and someone walks out to give you a lecture with massive Stacy Slater hoop earrings. But then you wouldn't be able to complain with her set up.

I bow to your superior experience!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Umm. Why?
    The UK history on race is different to the US.

The UK never had the "one drop rule" so if you look a particular race/ethnic group, regardless of how you self identify strangers have no problem telling you to your face that you are that race/ethnic group.

This guy is the well-known example of it the other way round. Anthony Ekundayo Lennon on being accused of 'passing' as a black man: 'It felt like an assassination' | Race | The Guardian

Also in her case if she tried to claim she was from North Africa, Carribbean or whatever in the UK there are enough people from and descended from those parts of the world who could call her out.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    In the US.

People wouldn't say that in the UK.
    Umm. Why?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    She could obviously pass for black.
    In the US.

People wouldn't say that in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    She could obviously pass for black.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I was amused by her faking it to get the role. Makes some of our posters look like amateurs.

Not sure if we should worry about having to be black to be a Black history expert?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    I was under the impression that skin colour should not matter, so what's the story here?
    She can't remember which black experience she is claiming.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    I was under the impression that skin colour should not matter, so what's the story here?

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    "The Human Stain" in reverse.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Her skin seems darker than many black peoples' skin.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    started a topic we not done this yet, this Gal could be a real contractor!

we not done this yet, this Gal could be a real contractor!

White professor who faked being black 'skipped her own mom's funeral to avoid being found out' | Daily Mail Online

White professor of African American studies who faked being black 'skipped her own mom's funeral to avoid being found out' - as relatives say they are worried for her safety and she can always come home

• Jessica Krug, a professor at George Washington University, posted on Thursday
    • In her Medium blog she confessed that she had been pretending to be black
    • Family members told DailyMail.com they suspect she skipped her mom's funeral
    • They believe Krug did not show to avoid having her new look cause a scene

shows just how sad it has got.

Working...
X