• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Lebanon blast

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lebanon blast"

Collapse

• Naruto1
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    So you want another World War? Aren't there enough conflicts in the world?
    Silly Lebanon.
    You could have sold explosives to so many countries and made some serious cash yet you decided to sit on it.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    -5 out of 10 for your joke.
    Too soon?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Naruto1 View Post
    I am surprised Hezbollah didn't know that there were about 3,000 tons of explosives sitting around in their country!
    All they had to do was pile it up near the border with Israel and set it alight.

Such novices tch tch tch.

That was a joke and I'll get my coat on the way out
    So you want another World War? Aren't there enough conflicts in the world?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Naruto1 View Post
    I am surprised Hezbollah didn't know that there were about 3,000 tons of explosives sitting around in their country!
    All they had to do was pile it up near the border with Israel and set it alight.

-5 out of 10 for your joke.

Leave a comment:

• Naruto1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Somebody Put it In to his lying mouth
    Was Trump an intern for Clinton then?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I see that Trump has a secret source who has told him it was an attack. Now over to the 3rd World War
    Somebody Put it In to his lying mouth

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I see that Trump has a secret source who has told him it was an attack. Now over to the 3rd World War thread

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I have no idea why the duchess wearing a mask is front page news but yet, it makes headlines.
    It's front page news because which fashion brand started doing them good enough for the duchess to wear in public?

It's a matter of clear public interest.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Surgeons where masks to avoid getting blood or other liquids from the patients

I will never go to surgery.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    That's why surgeons wear masks - because there's no evidence they are a good idea.
    No. Surgeons where masks to avoid getting blood or other liquids from the patients in their mouth or nose. Completely different purpose.

But I still think it's not a bad idea to wear a mask, since it might help reduce infection to others. And the evidence that it does more harm than good is entirely weaker than the evidence that it does more good than harm. It's all about relative risk.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I have no idea why the duchess wearing a mask is front page news but yet, it makes headlines.
    Because, according to Wailers, there's no "compelling" evidence that wearing a face mask does anything, in fact it may make things worse.
    That's why surgeons wear masks - because there's no evidence they are a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Nah they were more interested in the Duchesses face covering.

Do they go to press earlier than the others to save money?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It hasn't made the front page of today's Wail, they must not have found a way to spin it to reinforce any prejudices.

Nah they were more interested in the Duchesses face covering.

Do they go to press earlier than the others to save money?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    It hasn't made the front page of today's Wail, they must not have found a way to spin it to reinforce any prejudices.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X