• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "??????? Scottish independence: New poll shows clear majority for yes vote"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's all rather like Brexit, isn't it?
    Yeah you lost get over it!

sub forum!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    OK, test failed. The 2012 referendum was skewed by Salmond's fantasy economics, such that enough people believed that they would be better off outside the UK. Reality was that you wouldn't have been (or, to be strictly accurate, wouldn't have been in 2012 given recent events). And while the worlds has changed, you won't be joining the EU as some kind of desirable state, on the basis that (a) there a damned long queue and (b) your gross income might be enough for Scotland (although I doubt it and people would soon get annoyed at how much things are starting to cost) but it's not exactly getting you into the G20.

The economic argument simply doesn't work by itself. You need to find some rather more cogent reason to get out of the UK.
    It's all rather like Brexit, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I've never been able to work out who owns Batcher. I suspect it is pooper's. Not sure.
    They're not even from the same planet. Batcher is way more eloquent than Scooty...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    I recently received a warning for using the word re-dotard minus some letters. I stick to dotard as it's similar enough for the intended use. I note that other people using this word haven't received similar warnings or had those removed.

SAS was a smug prick, as regularly pointed out here.
    Was?

Are you not bringing him back?

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Search the forum for 'dotard'.
    I recently received a warning for using the word re-dotard minus some letters. I stick to dotard as it's similar enough for the intended use. I note that other people using this word haven't received similar warnings or had those removed.

SAS was a smug prick, as regularly pointed out here.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Evidence?

sas never wrote so much per post
    Distinct lack of calling everyone "Cretin" too.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Evidence?

Search the forum for 'dotard'.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    sas
    Evidence?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Whose sockie roger is again?

Not wurzel's surely
    sas

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    What does "better off" mean to you?

To me it doesn't simply and solely mean money. It means having control of all aspects of society that countries always have. Scotland has very few powers right now and can hardly create the more progressive and considerate society that it seems much of the population here wish. I don't really care what any English citizens think of Scottish independence. Look after your own house first: England's finances have been a mess for many decades.

The fact you don't understand that a society should care about more than just money is the reason England is such a mess - your view is ubiquitous and a result of decades of being taught that money is everything. As I've posted before, I've worked in Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland. A service economy mixed with higher tax and better implementation of policies would suit Scotland well.
    (a) Nonsense

and (b) I'm not English, and I've worked around the world.

and (c) I grew up in Singapore

Clearly no point in arguing further. But your world sounds lovely.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Whose sockie roger is again?

Not wurzel's surely

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    OK, test failed. The 2012 referendum was skewed by Salmond's fantasy economics, such that enough people believed that they would be better off outside the UK. Reality was that you wouldn't have been (or, to be strictly accurate, wouldn't have been in 2012 given recent events). And while the worlds has changed, you won't be joining the EU as some kind of desirable state, on the basis that (a) there a damned long queue and (b) your gross income might be enough for Scotland (although I doubt it and people would soon get annoyed at how much things are starting to cost) but it's not exactly getting you into the G20.

The economic argument simply doesn't work by itself. You need to find some rather more cogent reason to get out of the UK.
    What does "better off" mean to you?

To me it doesn't simply and solely mean money. It means having control of all aspects of society that countries always have. Scotland has very few powers right now and can hardly create the more progressive and considerate society that it seems much of the population here wish. I don't really care what any English citizens think of Scottish independence. Look after your own house first: England's finances have been a mess for many decades.

The fact you don't understand that a society should care about more than just money is the reason England is such a mess - your view is ubiquitous and a result of decades of being taught that money is everything. As I've posted before, I've worked in Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland. A service economy mixed with higher tax and better implementation of policies would suit Scotland well.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I was thinking specifically of Greece, but when we know the full economic impact of Covid19 there will certainly be others.
    Greece done very well - both in Covid and also in dealing with debt, they are now very desireable place to go Covid wise

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I've never been able to work out who owns Batcher. I suspect it is pooper's. Not sure.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Good.

Bugger off.

Don't the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

So long & thanks for all the fish.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X