• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Highly skilled Pilots for all your doings"

Collapse

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    It's more about when things go wrong that an inexperienced pilot will get into trouble
    the modern aircraft these days flies on its own and fixes itself. To drive an autonomous Tesla you don’t need extensive training. Same thing applies to this.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    They could just radio / phone your dentist for advice.
    If NLUK's accountant had a pilot's licence, what a world we'd live in.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    It's more about when things go wrong that an inexperienced pilot will get into trouble
    They could just radio / phone your dentist for advice.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Let’s be honest we all get a contract and learn on the job often times. Why can’t the pilots do it? Fair play, it needs plenty of confidence and being a pilot is all about confidence and ability.
    So it's like being PM of the UK, but with ability.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Let’s be honest we all get a contract and learn on the job often times. Why can’t the pilots do it? Fair play, it needs plenty of confidence and being a pilot is all about confidence and ability.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    That's the advice I give to most of my passengers

watched 7500 last night, good film

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    That's the advice I gave to my soon to be ex-wife before flying her to meet a good divorce lawyer
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It’s a good idea to avoid airplanes altogether ...
    That's the advice I give to most of my passengers

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    As long as they can eat spag bol off their lap.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It’s a good idea to avoid airplanes altogether ...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Fake Daily Fail news - licenses are real, not fake - they were just improperly awarded
    Just watching this news item on Al-Jazeera.

Funnily certain other countries (cough) have a history of pilots being not qualified and it's not a good idea to change planes in them unless you are going to certain other countries.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Fake Daily Fail news - licenses are real, not fake - they were just improperly awarded

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    This isn't anything new.

I have known and know people who worked in the aviation industry, and the advice was check the accent of your pilot. Obviously lay people can't do this, so the advice was to not do connections or take internal flights in countries with lower flight safety standards.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I can't believe Indian pilot's are any different.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X