• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Two million homeowners still unable to pay off their mortgage"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Lucy, Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Bizarre fact: squirrels die after they have sex. Well, poor Sandy did.

I thought AtW told me she left. Well he said she had split!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Only once, one carefree summer, with a squirrel named Sandy.
    Bizarre fact: squirrels die after they have sex. Well, poor Sandy did.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Unless of course you buy the car on tick (credit) before applying for the mortgage holiday

Doesn't seem irrational to postpone debt repayments if you reckon an inflation tsunami may well be on the way!
    Not many sensible people are expecting an inflation tsunami.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Usage of mortgage “holidays” can affect credit rating - so no new car
    Unless of course you buy the car on tick (credit) before applying for the mortgage holiday

Doesn't seem irrational to postpone debt repayments if you reckon an inflation tsunami may well be on the way!

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Yes mortgage holidays will affect credit rating despite campaigns for the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    People can enforce a 'Voluntary Termination' and hand back the car, often with quite a low payment. There's a note on their credit file but it doesn't affect the credit score.

As for getting another car: there would be so many of these cars on the market that I suspect the manufacturers may actually take the car back and crush it, in order to try keep the merrygoround going.

Given that we're all moving to electric cars soon any way there's probably a bit of a reality gap in the manufacturers' minds emerging.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    I suspect the main fraud will involve furlough and workers continuing to work. HMRC are going to have a field day.

Who do you think they will go after first? We can but hope!

Sports Direct managers accuse firm of making them work on furlough | Business | The Guardian

Legal experts say if people are being asked to do work that creates any revenue for the company, it would breach the furlough scheme. Photograph: Jacob King/PAMike Ashley’s Sports Direct and House of Fraser chains have asked store managers to work at least once a week while under the government’s furlough scheme.
    Ashley’s managers had also been asked to return to work – on reduced pay – on Monday, but the company did a U-turn on Sunday after the Guardian published details of the plan.

Seemed the paper to quote given their expertise on slavery!

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I wonder how much fraud is going on with this one. Always some *** who take advantage at every opportunity.
    I suspect the main fraud will involve furlough and workers continuing to work. HMRC are going to have a field day.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Only once, one carefree summer, with a squirrel named Sandy.
    Lucy, Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    How would that work with their credit rating being affected?
    People can enforce a 'Voluntary Termination' and hand back the car, often with quite a low payment. There's a note on their credit file but it doesn't affect the credit score.

As for getting another car: there would be so many of these cars on the market that I suspect the manufacturers may actually take the car back and crush it, in order to try keep the merrygoround going.

Given that we're all moving to electric cars soon any way there's probably a bit of a reality gap in the manufacturers' minds emerging.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
    It would be interesting to see how many of these 2 million have Audi/BMW/Mercedes car leases.
    How would that work with their credit rating being affected?

Leave a comment:

• SeededLoaf
    replied
    How many are unable to pay vs how many actually choose not to pay.

I guess we'll find out later this year.

It would be interesting to see how many of these 2 million have Audi/BMW/Mercedes car leases.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I wonder how much fraud is going on with this one
    What fraud if you still owe the money (with interest)? Plus credit rating most likely going to be fecked, so no cheap re-mortaging - now that's fraud. only legalised.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I wonder how much fraud is going on with this one. Always some *** who take advantage at every opportunity.

https://www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/n...lowing-charity

Wonder if there are any online tutorials in how to make fraudulent claims. Paid off my mortgage decades ago but maybe...
    Last edited by xoggoth; 19 June 2020, 20:20.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X