• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: COVID paranoia

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "COVID paranoia"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Seems unlikely, because I think unfortunately CV is many times more infectious than SARS
    And more contagious.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post

Or, as a recent study suggests (can't find link) it will just fizzle out like SARS did.
    Seems unlikely, because I think unfortunately CV is many times more infectious than SARS

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Go on, please tell us. Based on the kind of person your posts here call you out to be, I think I'd quite enjoy it.
    With fuel being a lot cheaper and wages driven down, coach trips to Southport are booming.
    Unfortunately his fleet of planes aren't fairing anywhere near as well.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Use yer bus to drive bus loads of chalk for MF - mystery payment date every time

Leave a comment:

• GreenT
    replied
    I wish all pandemic-deniers were this transparent

I recently set up a small travel company which I was hoping to grow into something that would become my day job so I could taper down my IT contracting work.

I don't need to tell you how well that's going at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Excursion UK
    replied
    Go on, please tell us. Based on the kind of person your posts here call you out to be, I think I'd quite enjoy it.
    Pretty much as my user name says- I arrange UK based road/rail/sea excursions. Almost exclusively local mystery tours so far - get on a bus an visit several points of interest stopping at various retail outlets where the passengers will hopefully part with some of their hard earned thus justifying the payments I receive from these outlets. Have chartered a couple of river cruises too - one up the Thames and a couple on the Bristol Channel.

Unfortunately, the demographic to which my offerings appeal is the group of people least likely to want to get on a coach once restrictions have been lifted. Also I'd just purchased an old Leyland Tiger bus to complete the whole down memory lane experience & that means I now have £15k sitting idle on a garage forecourt. Maybe I should trade it in for an old charabanc? That fresh air will blow the germs away

So, feel free to laugh away at my predicament. Next mystery tour is probably going to be a one way trip to Beachy Head.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Go on, tell us. Based on the kind of person your posts here call you out to be, I think I'd quite enjoy it.
    Don't you dare speculate as to what sort of person EUK is!

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    I recently set up a small travel company which I was hoping to grow into something that would become my day job so I could taper down my IT contracting work.

I don't need to tell you how well that's going at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    THE MEANIES ARE COMING!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    They are all such clever meanies....
    Whereas EUK has given more than enough clues for us to dare to speculate about his IQ.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Mocking.... You really are an arrogant prick. And a sad one too, grandstanding to your little coterie of keyboard warriors on an internet forum.
    They are all such clever meanies....

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    This thread reminds me of an episode of South Park I watched last night.

Except nobody's posted a picture of someone else's avatar with a dick in its mouth. Yet.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Troll noun....

Mocking.... You really are an arrogant prick. And a sad one too, grandstanding to your little coterie of keyboard warriors on an internet forum.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Mocking. You really are an arrogant prick
    I certainly look down on you, if that's what you mean.

Leave a comment:

• Excursion UK
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Busted. I was just mocking him.
    Last edited by Excursion UK; 19 June 2020, 08:23.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X