• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: More things I made

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "More things I made"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I made a pallet out of an old recycled table

I made some firewood out of an old pallet.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Oh, well that's vaguely amusing. Second parcel arrived today with something vaguely contract related. Turns out that my client sent me the safety gear cos they want me to break stuff!
    we know a song about that...

bet you are posing on the stairs after that!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by mjcp View Post
    My lockdown has been somewhat productive too: I have recycled an old garden bench seat into a side table for sundowners.

M
    I made a pallet out of an old recycled table

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Amazon is still sending mysterious rubber ducks to this man | The Northern Echo

THE mystery of a man who keeps receiving yellow ducks in the post has taken another turn - as Amazon confirms he isn't being scammed.

Peter Jackson of Ushaw Moor, near Durham, has been driven 'quackers' after receiving one new yellow rubber duck almost every day for the past three weeks.

Mr Jackson first told The Northern Echo how puzzled he had become after a total of nine rubber ducks had made their way to his home on New Acres.

Mystery as County Durham man keeps receiving yellow rubber ducks from Amazon
    But in the past week, the 76-year-old has been receiving yet more parcels...and rubber ducks, this time accompanied by some very hilarious messages.

One message, written by someone called 'Ellie Harris' read: "For your boo boos xxx From Fake Doctor."

Meanwhile another read: "DUCK, DUCK....QUACK From Goose."

Speaking to The Echo, Mr Jackson said he still did not know who was behind the mystery parcels but hinted that they appeared to know he had a dog.

He said: "In the past week, I've had more rubber ducks, some Venison Chew Sticks for my dog and Scottish shortbread.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Oh, well that's vaguely amusing. Second parcel arrived today with something vaguely contract related. Turns out that my client sent me the safety gear cos they want me to break stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    I got an unsolicited amazon parcel today. All a bit odd, but the outcome is that they've told me to keep it or dispose of it as I see fit.

One of the items are cut resistant gloves - wondered if they might be of any use to you with your leatherwork?

These appear to be the jobby - size M

Grebarley Safety Work Gloves,Cut Resistant Gloves,High Performance Level 5 Protection,EN 388 Certified,Full-Fingers Touchscreen,Cutting Protective Gloves for Kitchen, Work and Outdoor (XL): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

PM me with your address if you can use them!
    Thanks for the offer, but after losing the tip of one finger I have a healthy respect for my cutting tools & have not had any further "incidents" stabbing via the glovers sewing needles does not count

C5 gloves are handy for gardening if that's of use for you

But they are thick & no good for manual dexterity - I have to wear them when on site, makes using any electronic tool a real pain!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Not sure - the guy at Amazon said it could be a tracking code error. I guess if it's a one off then no, if I keep receiving free goodies then probably! He passed it on to the "concern" team.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I got an unsolicited amazon parcel today.
    Not this scam is it?

The '''brushing''' scam that'''s behind mystery parcels - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I got an unsolicited amazon parcel today. All a bit odd, but the outcome is that they've told me to keep it or dispose of it as I see fit.

One of the items are cut resistant gloves - wondered if they might be of any use to you with your leatherwork?

Grebarley Safety Work Gloves,Cut Resistant Gloves,High Performance Level 5 Protection,EN 388 Certified,Full-Fingers Touchscreen,Cutting Protective Gloves for Kitchen, Work and Outdoor (XL): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

If not, MF will take some of those to place on standby in his cellar.

edit: oh wait, size M.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    [QUOTE=Excursion UK;2777535]
    Doing boring house decorating, most exciting thing I've made is a vacuum hose extension to fit to my sander. Took ages.

Could do with one of those for my grinder.

you can get stepped ones you just cut to the right step. Have a look at the bazaar or flea bay.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    No, the forum doesn't have a way of hosting photos, but what you can do is if you go to the photo on flickr (only works when you're logged in and the photo is one of your own)
    Then on the bottom right is an option to download. click on that and you get a list of sizes to download.
    Click on the bottom option - View all sizes
    Then click on the size you want - I'd suggest going for 1024.
    Right click on the image and copy its address.
    Then you can paste it in as an IMG here...
    Doesn't link back to your account, and saves people having to click through.
    It works if you use Google drive too, though I find actually getting the raw image URL is a faff. If you're not careful you post a link including your ID as well.

I do think it's a shame we can't upload anything here though, over the last few years that's become the norm - presumably as storage gets so cheap? Posting an image on another site just to link here is not just a faff but leads to a very weird online album

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    [QUOTE=Excursion UK;2777535]
    Doing boring house decorating, most exciting thing I've made is a vacuum hose extension to fit to my sander. Took ages.

The gay dating app ??

Yes that would be useful

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Excursion UK
    replied
    [QUOTE=xoggoth;2777381]Doing boring house decorating, most exciting thing I've made is a vacuum hose extension to fit to my sander. Took ages.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

I did do a little thing to put on the table to remind me when I've got summit important (by my unexciting life standards) to do. Bit of an old safety lamp with glass on top where I can stick a post it note. Can't miss it if left on dining room table.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X