• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: #BlackOutTuesday

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "#BlackOutTuesday"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Well firstly you cannot categorically state they are spreading anything, only that the risk is there that they might be. The police may be judging that wading in will only make things worse and it'll fade away quickly. Or for all I know maybe most of our protestors are doing it outside, and ARE distancing generally speaking? I haven't seen photos.

you been telling the wife that this <-> is 2 metres again?

of course they all travelled there as well.

Its reasonable to suggest they are likely to be spreading COVID 19.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The protests in London worry me , they are spreading the infection. Strange the Police aren't fining them. Though if they are all as loony left as they appear it may be the cull the world needs.
    Well firstly you cannot categorically state they are spreading anything, only that the risk is there that they might be. The police may be judging that wading in will only make things worse and it'll fade away quickly. Or for all I know maybe most of our protestors are doing it outside, and ARE distancing generally speaking? I haven't seen photos.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Thousands of Black Lives Matter protestors head for London's Hyde Park | Daily Mail Online

"We demand a public enquiry into the significant BAME deaths from Covid-19!"

<placeholder>

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Slippery slope. Next thing you'll be putting out the wheelie bin in the wrong spot.
    I don't see why with all these people furloughed why I should have to put my wheelie bin out at all. It makes economic sense for them to do my menial work whilst I support the country by working and paying taxes.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I will use them how I want young greg. I pay my taxes and I won't be lectured to by some hippy internet warrior.
    Slippery slope. Next thing you'll be putting out the wheelie bin in the wrong spot.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You should set an example by not incorrectly using apostrophes. It's a slippery slope from there to looting.
    I will use them how I want young greg. I pay my taxes and I won't be lectured to by some hippy internet warrior.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    It will just be an excuse for the criminals and low life's to start looting.

Hopefully the Police will find them more easily if the roads are empty. They seem to have been doing quite well with county lines.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You should set an example by not incorrectly using apostrophes. It's a slippery slope from there to looting.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The protests in London worry me , they are spreading the infection. Strange the Police aren't fining them. Though if they are all as loony left as they appear it may be the cull the world needs.

Who cares what they do on farcebook and twatter? Though it does seem people aren't 'doing it right' for the TwitterNazis.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Who cares what they do on farcebook and twatter? Though it does seem people aren't 'doing it right' for the TwitterNazis.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I think they're just jumping on whatever the current bandwagon is. Set your profile picture black, share a couple of "isn't racism bad" memes, job done.
    It seems to offend the professional offence takers, so it's not all bad.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I think you'll find a lot of people are also protesting against racism in their own countries, this was just a catalyst. It's like the clap for carers basically started in Italy and grew worldwide...
    I think they're just jumping on whatever the current bandwagon is. Set your profile picture black, share a couple of "isn't racism bad" memes, job done.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    They're protesting American racism though.
    I think you'll find a lot of people are also protesting against racism in their own countries, this was just a catalyst. It's like the clap for carers basically started in Italy and grew worldwide...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Strangely enough, racism doesn't stop at the US border.
    Yeah - but Yanks are really good at it. My daughter was discussing racism in the US with a fellow student. She said a few things the other student didn't like about virtue signalling etc., so he told her to check her "white privilege".

She then pointed out to him that she isn't white.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Strangely enough, racism doesn't stop at the US border.
    They're protesting American racism though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X