• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Second Wave

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Second Wave"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Todays announcement in wales of schools opening june 29th met with howls of "MY KIDS ARE GOING TO DIE!"

Hate to break it to you, but it's "lambs". "Kids" is the term for young goats.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Beginning to see that COVID FEAR appears to have taken on a life of its own....

Todays announcement in wales of schools opening june 29th met with howls of "MY KIDS ARE GOING TO DIE!"

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Technically speaking those howls are correct.
    - Am I going to die?
    - YES

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Unless they're not actually their kids, and/or they're already dead.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The government has no interest in killing off future tax payers who will be needed to pay the costs of COVID. It's perfectly safe for them to go back to school.
    Future taxpayers?

When was the last time a UK Govt planned for 15-20 years ahead?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

The government has no interest in killing off future tax payers who will be needed to pay the costs of COVID. It's perfectly safe for them to go back to school.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

50k dead with at best only 10% infected (which might happen again as nobody is sure how long immunity will last), so 500k dead at least if “flu” can easily spread, a lot more since Nhs coped only because of “lockdown”

Oh - add to that many people who got discharged are suffering what might be long term damage to lungs and other organs.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Indeed.

No one gets out alive.

There's no pockets in a shroud.

And similar cheery stuff.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Run, rabbit run
    Dig that hole, forget the sun
    And when at last the work is done
    Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
    For long you live and high you fly
    But only if you ride the tide
    And balanced on the biggest Second wave
    You race towards an early grave

Leave a comment: