• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Giles Coren describes Dominic Cummings"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Quite.

Unfortunately it ended before he was hanging by his heels from an Islington lamppost

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I view the Cummings saga as the same as the kitchen roll craziness. A kind of collective madness that swept the country.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Don't worry, the leftists in Manchester will have found an academic who hates the Tories and will make a front page out of it tomorow for the observer.

Your faith in British journalism will be restored.
    Dominic Cummings has broken Covid-19 policy trust, say top scientists | Politics | The Guardian.

26 senior academics.

50% of their articles involve phoning up a university reception and asking for someone to say something critical about the conservatives.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I hope he saw today's press conference.

"In my opinion the rules apply to everyone "

Dirty look at Culture Secretary.
    It was a picture. If someone doesn't do a Jonathan Van Tam / Jean-Claude Van Damme mash-up meme, then I don't know what Twitter's actually for any more.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Don't worry, the leftists in Manchester will have found an academic who hates the Tories and will make a front page out of it tomorow for the observer.

Your faith in British journalism will be restored.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Saturday's column in the Times. He's a bit upset that due to DC, no-one's doing lockdown any more - robbing Giles of all he likes about lockdown.. It's a beautiful hyperbolic rant - not meant to be taken seriously.
    Pretty poor offering TBH.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Saturday's column in the Times. He's a bit upset that due to DC, no-one's doing lockdown any more - robbing Giles of all he likes about lockdown.. It's a beautiful hyperbolic rant - not meant to be taken seriously.
    I hope he saw today's press conference.

"In my opinion the rules apply to everyone "

Dirty look at Culture Secretary.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 30 May 2020, 19:15.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    It's Giles Coren, could be either.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Eh? Is this a real thing or a drug dream drivel fest
    It's Giles Coren, could be either.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Eh? Is this a real thing or a drug dream drivel fest

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    started a topic Giles Coren describes Dominic Cummings

Giles Coren describes Dominic Cummings

Swivel-eyed, melon-headed psychopath.
    Stick demon made of coat hangers and charity clothes with a lightbulb for a bonce.
    Bony, supercilious bastard
    Shiny Martian
    Old Bubblehead
    Boris' pet alien.
    Mini-Himmler
    Old Balloon Head
    Gollum
    Malodorous volleyball-headed eater of babies (who) should be strung up by his heels from an Islington lamp-post and eaten by bats in front of his family

Working...
X