• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Official Dominic Supporters Thread"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    His explanations suggest to me that he is on the Spectrum.

It was a Commodore 64.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    His explanations suggest to me that he is on the spectrum.
    He reminds me of Sasguru. Everyone is a cretin except him.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The Beeb has shown before they are full of tulip and don't like women news and current affairs presenters.
    Why are you always on about women, Stan?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Was that MS?
    It's only 10 miles as the crow flies, but he has to avoid weak bridges.

Edit: Apologies - I read that as MF, not MS.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Was that MS?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Also an essential journey: McDonald's fans travel 250 miles for a Big Mac from one of the few reopened stores | Daily Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by reddog View Post
    BBC admit breaching impartiality rules, I recon Cummings is saved.
    The Beeb has shown before they are full of tulip and don't like women news and current affairs presenters.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    50k excess deaths from Covid, ruined economy and people still talking about Cummings???

No wonder Boris wants to keep him

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    The ruling Tory party will sit on this until the public forget about it as any further action would be damaging to them, much like the report on Russian interference and the Patel inquiry...Johnson, Cummings, et. al. will now exploit this as they will become more and more arrogant and believe that they are now invincible...

https://fullfact.org/health/dominic-cummings-lockdown-rules/

Leave a comment:

• reddog
    replied
    BBC admit breaching impartiality rules, I recon Cummings is saved.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The media holding the powerful to account is the sign of a functioning democracy. You wouldn't see newspapers publishing this kind of article in mainland China.
    Having said that if a Govt advisor in China pulled Cummings during lockdown he’d get more than losing a job - his family too will have consequences.

So nothing for Chinese newspapers to criticise here - because Govt there does its job

All hail Xi!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Yeh, not saying it's just lefties, everyone does it, but it isn't helpful.
    The media holding the powerful to account is the sign of a functioning democracy. You wouldn't see newspapers publishing this kind of article in mainland China.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Far left Twitter showing they're just as good as far right Twitter at spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation right now, in particular this gem: apparently Cumming's sister was made the director of Idox Group on 14 April and they were responsible for the contact tracing app. Except:

* Absolutely no evidence whatsoever that the director in question, Alice Cummings, is a relation. Because Cummings is such a rare surname? A few people have suggested his sister might be called Francesca or Sarah and I've seen some unverified evidence that Alice Cummings is her married name anyway, but no evidence that she is any kind of relation whatsoever. It fails the Google test for me - it should be pretty easy to verify a fact by googling and finding some kind of primary or reliable secondary source, but googling for this just gives loads of unrelated results or links to people reposting the same conspiracy.

* Idox have won some government contracts including an online booking system for COVID-19 testing (and postal voting systems in the past) but they didn't develop the app, that was VMWare Pivotal. This is easy to verify.
    For the record:

Fact check: Dominic Cummings does not have a sister working for the IT solutions company Idox - Reuters

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Maybe there should be a referendum on it?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Does anyone remember when the Telegraph made such a fuss about Prof. Ferguson and he honourably and quietly resigned?
    Yeh, not saying it's just lefties, everyone does it, but it isn't helpful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X