• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Note to covidiots in London"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Well Tesco was annoying today. Quiet and no queue to get in but people really don't get how to keep their distance, be considerate with the amount of space they're taking up when deciding how many doughnuts to buy, and just how hard is it to follow the store's one way system??

Hardly anyone in masks, people just seem to be going about their usual business.

It seems totally incredible to me now, that everyone spent that evening as though it were just like any other. From the railway station came the sound of shunting trains, ringing and rumbling, softened almost into melody by the distance. It all seemed so safe and tranquil.
    Gratis.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Well Tesco was annoying today. Quiet and no queue to get in but people really don't get how to keep their distance, be considerate with the amount of space they're taking up when deciding how many doughnuts to buy, and just how hard is it to follow the store's one way system??

Hardly anyone in masks, people just seem to be going about their usual business.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    1st golf today it was great

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Considering I've spent less than a fortnight in the capital all my life and have been in just two London cabs it's a clear indication of my towering intellect and extraordinary visual memory.
    I usually only catch a black cab when I'm 6 sheets to the wind and missed my last train home. Needless to say I'm not the most observant at those times
    Last edited by Whorty; 16 May 2020, 18:11.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    Or more likely - your home help's ability to google things
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    Considering I've spent less than a fortnight in the capital all my life and have been in just two London cabs it's a clear indication of my towering intellect and extraordinary visual memory.
    Or more likely - your ability to google things

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

A very low IQ person.

The 'numpty' is wearing a TFL Cab Drivers badge.

Ah, that's what his lanyard was ... good spot.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Looks Like South Kensington .

Chap looks like a local too.
    I thought S. Ken too at first, but wasn't sure hence guessed Embankment.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I spotted that as well. They are allowed to travel, he was probably using the station as a cut-through, there's a cab drivers' shelter just up the road a bit.
    I wonder if they're open. They look like they would be very tricky from a social distancing perspective.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

A very low IQ person.

I spotted that as well. They are allowed to travel, he was probably using the station as a cut-through, there's a cab drivers' shelter just up the road a bit.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Meanwhile in Swindon, they've been distancing since the 70's...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Why is he a numpty? Do you know him, and therefore know for sure he isn't a key worker and hence justified to travel? Or are you just jumping on the social media hate bandwagon?

A very low IQ person.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Looks Like South Kensington .

Chap looks like a local too.

It's Embankment, coming in from the south side:
    All sizes | Embankment tube station, London | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X