• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Stay Alert

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stay Alert"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Coronavirus Slogan Generator

Leave a comment:

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied
    I'm pleased to know that the French translation also makes no sense, assuming it's true

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Supposedly Nicola Sturgeon is having trouble comprehending just exactly what "Stay Alert" actually means.

I find it impossible to believe that someone that worked alongside Alex Salmond for so long would not already have that concept firmly in place.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Gavin and Staysafe

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    any idea what the next slogan will be ?
    stay fit
    stay sexy
    stay wide awake
    stay simple, stupid?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    stay fit
    stay sexy
    stay wide awake

Should I Stay Or Should I Go
    Stay Alive
    Stay Another Day
    Stay Awake
    Stay Away
    Stay Captive
    Stay The Night
    Stay Together For The Kids
    Stay Tuned
    Stay With Me

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    just stay

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    stay fit
    stay sexy
    stay wide awake

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    And what has this got to do with Coronavirus?

Did you used to belong to a different forum that has been shut down, so you feel the need to polute this one with your constant drivel?
    Gricer used to belong to CUK so has a strong track record on forum pollution.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    Some people may like that the government is creating restriction to market for small businesses and favours large consultancies. That is understandable, as not having to compete with those contractors means it will be easier to find opportunities and maintain higher prices for end clients.

And what has this got to do with Coronavirus?

Did you used to belong to a different forum that has been shut down, so you feel the need to polute this one with your constant drivel?

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    Your definition of "very valid comments" and mine are wildly different.
    Some people may like that the government is creating restriction to market for small businesses and favours large consultancies. That is understandable, as not having to compete with those contractors means it will be easier to find opportunities and maintain higher prices for end clients.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    You seem to know French very well and ridiculing some of my very valid comments. Coincidence?

Your definition of "very valid comments" and mine are wildly different.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You seem to know French very well and ridiculing some of my very valid comments. Coincidence?
    He's in auto mode so thinks he's ridiculing another one of your rubbish posts.

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    Surprised you're not claiming that "Stay Alert" comes for the communist implementation of IR35.

Stay Alert does NOT come from French. There's several French words that could be used:
    Attentif - in English that's "attentive"
    L'affut - On the lookout
    Prudent - Prudent
    Alerte - youthful energy

The phrase the French have chosen for the current state of CV-19 is:

"Sauvez des vies, restez prudents" - Save lives, remain prudent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X