• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone rushing out to buy a brand new car?"

Collapse

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

you might need to upgrade to make it a bit quicker

its had a few tweaks, but the only way to do Europe would be to add wings!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

I wonder how long it would take me to reach last clientco (Bern, Switzerland) from current home (Warwickshire, UK) in the wheelchair!
    you might need to upgrade to make it a bit quicker

Leave a comment:

• bmg2g
    replied
    White is a classic choice for a car – sleek and always in style. I actually considered this model myself before ultimately going for an Audi A5. Something about the Audi's design really caught my eye, plus I managed to snag a great deal on one that was auctioned off in America.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If you can’t walk maybe it’s better to stay at home...
    I wonder how long it would take me to reach last clientco (Bern, Switzerland) from current home (Warwickshire, UK) in the wheelchair!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You cannot use public transport so how are you going to get to work if you cannot walk, cycle or drive?
    If you can’t walk maybe it’s better to stay at home...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Compulsory staggering of work start might deal with the rush hour finally
    I'd be up for compulsory staggering from work, but clientco would have to provide free booze!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Who is going to use them now?
    You cannot use public transport so how are you going to get to work if you cannot walk, cycle or drive?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Removing Uber drivers would be much better.
    Who is going to use them now?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Removing Uber drivers would be much better.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    From the Labour day holidays immediately after the travel restrictions were reduced there?

Methinks you’re invested in a particular outcome. Are you heavily invested in oil?
    not yet

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    It looks very promising in Bejing.

From the Labour day holidays immediately after the travel restrictions were reduced there?

Methinks you’re invested in a particular outcome. Are you heavily invested in oil?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    But will the trend reverse? Difficult to say how the pushes and pulls will aggregate. There could be a major pull away from all forms of travel from increased home working, for example.
    It looks very promising in Bejing.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    That's fine that means the demand for cars goes back to pre-pandemic levels, and probably beyond as the growth in cars was a longterm trend before. The pain barrier will be raised as commuters avoid the train.
    But will the trend reverse? Difficult to say how the pushes and pulls will aggregate. There could be a major pull away from all forms of travel from increased home working, for example.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    It's debatable whether this will be a longer term trend, at least in and around large cities which have high numbers of public transport commuters. It wouldn't take much of an increase in car journeys from post pandemic levels to bring traffic congestion to the point where people won't want to drive if they have to spend 2-3 hours a day in the car.
    That's fine that means the demand for cars goes back to pre-pandemic levels, and probably beyond as the growth in cars was a longterm trend before. The pain barrier will be raised as commuters avoid the train.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X