• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Smug Metropolitan Elitist Remoaner Gloomster talking the country into a pandemic"

Collapse

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    An NHS life is worth 60K and no more!
    Which is almost the same value as one BoJo speech
    Boris Johnson was paid GBP51,000 for one speech, MPs’ register reveals | Politics | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Is it me, as non-German speaker, but doesn't "Keir Starmer" sound like a Waffen SS regimental motto? "Keep Storming" or something.
    It's a Spoonerism. His real name is Steer Calmer.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Survived though.
    I predict an ageing fatty like you will cark it on day 2.
    The bromide in his tea will protect him.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Not that lucky for you though. That is probably why you caught it early doors.

Survived though.
    I predict an ageing fatty like you will cark it on day 2.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    It's lucky that Covid runs away from charisma.
    Not that lucky for you though. That is probably why you caught it early doors.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Shibboleth...(Sqkvirrel)
    Gratis.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    That’s the kind of thing a German spy would have said during WWII.
    Shibbolet...(Sqkvirrel)

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Is it me, as non-German speaker, but doesn't "Keir Starmer" sound like a Waffen SS regimental motto? "Keep Storming" or something.
    That’s the kind of thing a German spy would have said during WWII.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's his job to challenge the government.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

It's just your cretinism showing.
    Ah yes, that would explain it. Thanks, I wondered what it was.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    It's just your cretinism showing.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    I'd like to see the charisma free zone that inhabits the labour upper echelons achieve anything never mind make a positive contribution to the current situation. If they'd have been in charge we would have been well and truly stuffed Rather than be negative and vindictive they need to get their act together and be proactive and constructive but I guess that will never happen because they just don't have that in them. A bit like some of the contributors to this forum they just can't find the right filler to mend the chips on their shoulders and will be forever adrift on the lost side.
    You haven't really got the idea of accountability.

But you're completely on board with boosterism so well done - viruses respond better to public sentiment than they do to so-called expertise in policy decisions.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I'd like to see the charisma free zone that inhabits the labour upper echelons achieve anything never mind make a positive contribution to the current situation. If they'd have been in charge we would have been well and truly stuffed Rather than be negative and vindictive they need to get their act together and be proactive and constructive but I guess that will never happen because they just don't have that in them. A bit like some of the contributors to this forum they just can't find the right filler to mend the chips on their shoulders and will be forever adrift on the lost side.
    It's lucky that Covid runs away from charisma.

Repeat after me:

Johnson perfect, Starmer bad!
    The UK has the lowest Covid death rate in the world!
    Herd Immunity good! Protecting the population bad!
    NHS staff should stop wasting PPE!
    An NHS life is worth 60K and no more!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

To be fair he has managed to do something about antisemitism and he is shooting at a very open goal on this.

Agree though if it were Corbyn he would probably screwed it up worse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X