• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spice up your Zoom meetings"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    I use the wall of toilet rolls for mine....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    When you have World governments, research facilities, global corporations, and military depts using Zoom, you have a problem.

Yes but that is a different problem to zoom's popularity they should know better and use one of the secure tools.

Our conf call wasn't on Zoom for instance, but our infrastructure team know what they are doing. You would have thought that someone in the government should have thought about it and switched to a paid one.
    Last edited by vetran; 22 April 2020, 08:40.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Yeah China is desperate to get ahead in Cat Gifs, stylish hats and pictures of homemade meatballs.

We did have a conf call yesterday and the best background was the wallpaper on his son's bedroom. It was little cars & streets. Far too many balloons and pictures of Star Wars planets.
    When you have World governments, research facilities, global corporations, and military depts using Zoom, you have a problem.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    A few months ago I hadn't even heard of Zoom, but had heard of Microsoft Teams, Skype, FaceTime, Cisco etc. Then suddenly in the Media it seems like the only way to suddenly communicate is via a Chinese created app called Zoom, chock full of vulnerabilities and with data siphoned off to China...Coincidence?

Yeah China is desperate to get ahead in Cat Gifs, stylish hats and pictures of homemade meatballs.

We did have a conf call yesterday and the best background was the wallpaper on his son's bedroom. It was little cars & streets. Far too many balloons and pictures of Star Wars planets.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    That you've never heard of it means nothing.
    Especially as we're talking about DimPrawn here.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    A few months ago I hadn't even heard of Zoom, but had heard of Microsoft Teams, Skype, FaceTime, Cisco etc. Then suddenly in the Media it seems like the only way to suddenly communicate is via a Chinese created app called Zoom during a Chinese created pandemic virus, chock full of vulnerabilities and with data siphoned off to China...Coincidence?
    There are no coincidences.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Impossible for any program to make me look more handsome than I am.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    A few months ago I hadn't even heard of Zoom, but had heard of Microsoft Teams, Skype, FaceTime, Cisco etc. Then suddenly in the Media it seems like the only way to suddenly communicate is via a Chinese created app called Zoom, chock full of vulnerabilities and with data siphoned off to China...Coincidence?
    Zoom has been around for years. That you've never heard of it means nothing.

Teams (not its Skype predecessor) is younger than Zoom.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The world has been utterly bonkers for several decades. Have you been asleep?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Has the world gone fecking mad?
    The world has been utterly bonkers for several decades. Have you been asleep?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    No idea, though I'm not sure how secure the alternatives are. Friend has to do consultations via Zoom as apparently Skype isn't secure enough.
    Zoom: Two new security exploits uncovered - CNET

Nothing is as unsecure as Zoom. We use Cisco Jabber.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Why are people using Zoom, some dubious Chinese software (Eric Yuan - Wikipedia) probably sponsored by the Chinese Communists to spy on US and Western corporations?

No idea, though I'm not sure how secure the alternatives are. Friend has to do consultations via Zoom as apparently Skype isn't secure enough.

Leave a comment:

• Ploptimus
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I'm going to get it to fake me be awake. Or I could just do this:

I can see these making a comeback:

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Why are people using Zoom, some dubious Chinese software (Eric Yuan - Wikipedia) probably sponsored by the Chinese Communists to spy on US and Western corporations?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    I've managed to avoid Zoom meetings to, though it seems to be the thing at the moment.

I think you can create your own avatar faces which seems a bit dangerous just need to practice on the vocal impression, maybe not.
    Last edited by woohoo; 20 April 2020, 10:57.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X