• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boris is dead

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boris is dead"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    OK, again with your twisting to try to seem the Right people won't be treated.

Tell me, who "deserves" better care?
    How many have been missed so far?
    Why were they missed?

Rather than making Wailing accusations and claims, how about backing them up.

I believe the NHS face very difficult choices when it comes to "who are key workers?" and "If I've got one ventilator, which one of these two do I put on it?"

I've mentioned above who I consider to be key workers.
    I'm glad I don't have to make the decision on the second question, from your posting, it appears you feel anyone who is older and hence "more deserving" should be prioritised over anyone younger than them.

I'm not of the opinion that "save the old, lose the young" is always the correct result, and oversimplifies the decisions that have to be made by the apolitical NHS staff on the wards, dealing with the sick who are presented to them.

I never mentioned age just contribution previous and future. Many current VC holders are actually quite young.

And I agree its a terrible decision to make so we really need to support them.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Some of the early holders of the Victoria Cross were basically stealing land.

and they are all dead so irrelevant just like your usual contributions.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Even Brillo needs someone to look down on.

he has you & Barmy already

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    This is probably a good example.

Does a smoker of 60cigarettes per day for 50 years deserve to get lung cancer? No.

Now, would you expect someone who smokes that much to get lung cancer? Yes, I fully expect someone to get lung cancer who smokes that much.

Does someone who ignores their own advice and chooses to physically touch and be very close to hundreds of people deserve to get Covid19?
    I don't know whether they 'deserve' it but, as with the smoker, they chose to engage in very risky behavior that is known to increase their risk.

The PM engaged in risky behavior that surely massively increased his likelihood of contracting it.

Does someone who follows all the rules, isolates and does their best to follow all the guidance provided to them deserve to get Covid19? No
    Does someone who doesn't follow the rules and, in fact, purposefully breaks them - when they're meant to be setting a good example to others - deserve to get Covid19?

They didn't deserve it but they were stupid for taking those risks and, as my old gran would have said, "were asking for it."

LondonManc stays indoors, isolates, follows the rules: doesn't get Covid19, as the risk is low.

LondonManc goes outdoors a lot, attends secret parties, shakes hands with lots of people and ignores all the current advice. LondonManc gets Covid19 and is severely unwell.
    Does LondonManc deserve it? Some people would say yes; the nicer people would say: they were naive to the risks or understood the risks but chose to risk their life anyway.

It's not really you or the PM I care about, it's the people you infect that is the unfair aspect of this. The PM flouted the known recommendations and is likely to have infected others, including his own pregnant partner. Yet we've to focus our sympathy on this guy?
    Nonsense.
    Ey up, Dianne Abbott's in.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Would you acknowledge that even the Mays an Camerons of the political class are are least decent politicians
    I agree with lots of what you posted, but this. Do you not remember the maddening way that May would shamelessly dodge questions and repeat the same silly catchphrases again and again? Remember "Brexit means Brexit"?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Boris? or the presbyterian?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I wonder if he's had a near death experience and will come out spiritually enlightened.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    If you put him on your ignore list, the thread drops from 5 pages to 1.
    Even Brillo needs someone to look down on.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    got to be another presbyterian.
    If you put him on your ignore list, the thread drops from 5 pages to 1.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    got to be another presbyterian.

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Lock down is sending some people who are obeying it up the wall.
    Was this a PCR swab test or blood test?

I've not bothered yet as I know I had it. Doctor friends are suggesting to me that the PCR swab has a false negative rate, as it is unable to reliably detect a low viral load. I'm concerned that the virus remains in some people who are going to relax their restrictions and at best reactivate it in them and get severely unwell and/or infect others as a result.

If the doctors are to be believed, which they surely are, then we don't know how many people recover from this and still harbour the virus at an undetectable load. More than just slightly worrying!

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I thought it important to explain why I don't have much sympathy for the PM. Had he been careful and not boasted about handshaking with hundreds of people, including medical staff and high risk individuals (pregnant girlfriend, FFS!) and avoided all contact, to set an example to the public, then I would have lots of sympathy for him.

As mentioned, in order to get my full point across I had to write a bit more than is usual about it, as I'm not a callous individual who wishes harm on anybody. Anybody who is irresponsible and spreads this virus knowingly, as it can reasonably be said Boris Johnson did, deserves the scorn placed upon them. Those who do their best to avoid infection and still get infected, ending up in ICU, deserve all our sympathy.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    you'll choke on your own sef importance if you're not careful.
    this is an anonymous forum for contractors.
    why would you think posting endless boring twaddle here is going to make a
    blind bit of difference to anything, anywhere?

you just like the sight of your own rhetoric.

just like Ersatz erik, among others.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    TL : DR
    you'll choke on your own sef importance if you're not careful.
    this is an anonymous forum for contractors.
    why would you think posting endless boring twaddle here is going to make a
    blind bit of difference to anything, anywhere?

you just like the sight of your own rhetoric.

just like Ersatz erik, among others.

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Boris improving today, unlike that horrible bint from the "tolerant left" and her career.
    Not only has she been expelled by the Labour Party, she's been sacked by the law firm she works at.

Expulsion:
    Labour expels town mayor who said Boris Johnson 'deserves' Covid-19 - Nottinghamshire Live

Sacking:
    Heanor mayor sacked over 'PM deserves this' comments - BBC News

This is probably a good example.

Does a smoker of 60cigarettes per day for 50 years deserve to get lung cancer? No.

Now, would you expect someone who smokes that much to get lung cancer? Yes, I fully expect someone to get lung cancer who smokes that much.

Does someone who ignores their own advice and chooses to physically touch and be very close to hundreds of people deserve to get Covid19?
    I don't know whether they 'deserve' it but, as with the smoker, they chose to engage in very risky behavior that is known to increase their risk.

The PM engaged in risky behavior that surely massively increased his likelihood of contracting it.

Does someone who follows all the rules, isolates and does their best to follow all the guidance provided to them deserve to get Covid19? No
    Does someone who doesn't follow the rules and, in fact, purposefully breaks them - when they're meant to be setting a good example to others - deserve to get Covid19?

They didn't deserve it but they were stupid for taking those risks and, as my old gran would have said, "were asking for it."

LondonManc stays indoors, isolates, follows the rules: doesn't get Covid19, as the risk is low.

LondonManc goes outdoors a lot, attends secret parties, shakes hands with lots of people and ignores all the current advice. LondonManc gets Covid19 and is severely unwell.
    Does LondonManc deserve it? Some people would say yes; the nicer people would say: they were naive to the risks or understood the risks but chose to risk their life anyway.

It's not really you or the PM I care about, it's the people you infect that is the unfair aspect of this. The PM flouted the known recommendations and is likely to have infected others, including his own pregnant partner. Yet we've to focus our sympathy on this guy?
    Nonsense.
    Last edited by rogerfederer; 9 April 2020, 11:06.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    more like JohnTheBore, actually.
    every post is like three paragraphs long, at least..
    geez.
    You don't provide any value on this forum. You're the idiot who just posts one liners, presumably thinking they are hilarious.
    I suspect that he is part of the Scottish troll army

Leave a comment:

Working...
X