• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Spread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spread"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
    Shield the 1.5m and let the rest of us choose whether we carry on.

I'll sign a ventilator waiver.
    You can do that already ... just do yourself an Advanced Directive (aka Living Will).

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    There was at least one hotel stood up for such a thing but I suspect those have been stood down now.

Put the arrivals on a plague bus by flight, no mixing of arrivals, and ship them to a hotel for 14 days then let them go home.

Oh..imagine the uproar!
    Wascists!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    14 days quarantine for anyone arriving now will be a good start.
    Cargo flights are still running for food import.
    There was at least one hotel stood up for such a thing but I suspect those have been stood down now.

Put the arrivals on a plague bus by flight, no mixing of arrivals, and ship them to a hotel for 14 days then let them go home.

Oh..imagine the uproar!

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Yup...

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st2751607.html

I guess we could leave UK nationals where they are, in foreign countries that don't want to support them as they have problems of their own. Also, we don't need tonnes of food to be imported as we're fully self sufficient.
    14 days quarantine for anyone arriving now will be a good start.
    Cargo flights are still running for food import.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    I was reading on twatter, (so take with a pinch of salt) about flights still coming into London with none of the passengers being checked for CV19.

If so makes it pointless the police telling people not to go for walks in the peak district.

This country.

qh
    Yup...

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st2751607.html

I guess we could leave UK nationals where they are, in foreign countries that don't want to support them as they have problems of their own. Also, we don't need tonnes of food to be imported as we're fully self sufficient.

Actually, having seen some reports, it does look like the FCO is abandoning people overseas as they claim there are sufficient commercial flights that they don't need to lay on transport. Never mind that the cost of said flights is prohibitively expensive.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 29 March 2020, 21:26.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    I was reading on twatter, (so take with a pinch of salt) about flights still coming into London with none of the passengers being checked for CV19.

If so makes it pointless the police telling people not to go for walks in the peak district.

This country.

qh

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I’d give it to AtW though.
    you and Sandra the Squirrel. Kinky beast

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I've always thought it sounds suspicious
    Highly suspicious. I’d want a video audit of the manufacturing process before I touched that. I’d give it to AtW though.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post

can i borrow a monkey?

Leave a comment:

• SeededLoaf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Is gentleman’s relish like chef’s special sauce?
    I've always thought it sounds suspicious

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Is gentleman’s relish like chef’s special sauce?

Leave a comment:

• ravenshaw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Marmite, Bovril or Vegemite?
    Vegemite is awful stuff

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied