• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Peer to Peer lending and Coronavirus"

Collapse

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Boris responds to Anne Sacoolas getting promoted. I reckon he will suck Trump's dick. I hope I am wrong.
    Together ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Boris responds to Anne Sacoolas getting promoted. I reckon he will suck Trump's dick. I hope I am wrong.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    You wont be saying that once the Tories sell us out to Trump as the 51st State

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Yeah. Fook em.
    You wont be saying that once the Tories sell us out to Trump as the 51st State

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    already sold (last week) and as I did I discovered 10% of the loans are in a default state so can't be sold...
    Zopa:

There is a 1% loan sale fee applied to proceeds from successful sales.

Additionally, if the loans you're selling are worth less than equivalent loans today, you will pay a market rate adjustment to the purchasing investor. This means you may not receive the full value of outstanding capital of your loan if it has a lower projected return than an equivalent new loan today.

Be aware that capital you receive for selling loans that have previously been in arrears may be less than you’d receive for loans that haven’t ever been in arrears.
    Be interesting to see how much of my capital will be taken in fees and mark downs...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Anyone thinking that this form of investment is going to see a steep rise in defaults and much lower returns because of the fact that everyone will be either ill, dead, or at home on sick pay in the coming months?

I'm thinking of selling out all my loans now. Good idea or idiotic?
    already sold (last week) and as I did I discovered 10% of the loans are in a default state so can't be sold...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Violating US sanctions, eh?

Yeah. Fook em.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    My opinion is that peer to peer lending is inherently dodgy because the people who administer the schemes (credit-check the borrowers etc) aren't the ones who have their capital at risk. Lending is bad enough even when done by banks etc who do have their capital at risk.

So yes I'd advise you to sell out even without coronavirus.

Gwd I've never heard a better justification for the use of blockchain.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    This project is a recommend idea from a subscription of mine for peer-to-peer lending. Seems to be popular in south America at the moment, which is interesting given the collapsed economies of Argentina and Venezuela. People are lending to them from all over the world. Borrowers have to give up collateral, which is held on the blockchain until the contract is honoured.

https://Venezuela.network/
    Violating US sanctions, eh?

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    My opinion is that peer to peer lending is inherently dodgy because the people who administer the schemes (credit-check the borrowers etc) aren't the ones who have their capital at risk. Lending is bad enough even when done by banks etc who do have their capital at risk.

So yes I'd advise you to sell out even without coronavirus.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    The making money kind? Then head over to the AMD thread

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    This project is a recommend idea from a subscription of mine for peer-to-peer lending. Seems to be popular in south America at the moment, which is interesting given the collapsed economies of Argentina and Venezuela. People are lending to them from all over the world. Borrowers have to give up collateral, which is held on the blockchain until the contract is honoured.

Really not interested in this kind of "investment" thankyou.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Ripio Credit Network

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    That's one vote for idiot duly noted.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Idiot