• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Washing machine rules"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    My next door neighbour is in her eighties!
    So a bit young for you then. Understood.

AtW is in his 80s. IQ wise.....

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    0121FOKAWOLF on Instagram

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You pop next door and use theirs?
    My next door neighbour is in her eighties!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Washing machines are like wives....stopped myself before adding to this
    You pop next door and use theirs?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Washing machines are like wives. You have to keep switching to a newer model.
    Washing machines are like wives....stopped myself before adding to this

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Washing machines are like wives. The warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I'm afraid we have a modern washing machine that doesn't vibrate the house down.
    Washing machines are like wives. You have to keep switching to a newer model.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Does that mean you'll be setting it on spin cycle and sitting on the corner twice a day as well?
    I'm afraid we have a modern washing machine that doesn't vibrate the house down.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    So im now in charge of the washing machine.
    Does that mean you'll be setting it on spin cycle and sitting on the corner twice a day as well?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    You are an optimist, we can tell you've never met LM!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    The sequel to The Cider House Rules proved somewhat of a disappointment.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Dear deity, I just had a flashback to the days of starched collars.

I need my safe space.

Not to mention ironed tea towels.

And spitting on the smoothing iron to see if it was hot enough when it was taken from the open fire.

antique smoothing irons - Google Search

Yorkist Cast Iron Enamelled Fire and Oven Range Fitted cica 1940's Stock Photo: 173460207 - Alamy
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 February 2020, 08:49.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Your mother clearly spoilt you.

My brothers like my sisters are well versed in the art of washing and ironing.

In fact my sister-in-laws never wash my brothers' clothes, and as soon as their sons have reached 13 they are taught, like their daughters, to do it themselves.
    Very sexist post. I do the bins and protect the house. I think most people would agree thats more than my fair share.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    What is this "ironing" of which you speak?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I should have posted this in technical.

It's clear there are no rules to the washing machine light and dark wash. My guess, it's another strange thing women do to stop men helping out around the house, just so they can have a moan to each other on mumsnet.
    Your mother clearly spoilt you.

My brothers like my sisters are well versed in the art of washing and ironing.

In fact my sister-in-laws never wash my brothers' clothes, and as soon as their sons have reached 13 they are taught, like their daughters, to do it themselves.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X