• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone thinking rates will go up"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Mine have gone up...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    YES! rates will rocket skyward in the next three months!
    you heard it here first, folks.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    YES! rates will rocket skyward in the next three months!
    you heard it here first, folks.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So what you are saying is you haven't got a clue? They could go up down or stay the same?
    I'm starting to think it's some kind of weird kink of his to look like a complete and utter moron.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I'll go against the thread and say rates in my sector have definitely increased - not by much, but I'd say a good £50 increase on advertised rates. That's a VERY niche sector though, with a single digit number of open vacancies.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    So what you are saying is you haven't got a clue? They could go up down or stay the same?

Yes that's right it's a fluff. Move alone fodder.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Its spooter what do you think?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    rate go up?

dream on
    geez
    This

My sides are spitting

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Yup.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Unemployment rate is at a historical low. There's only one direction for it now to go, unless somehow recession is avoided.

History tells us when unemployment rates rise income rates tank. Indeed a double whammy is often observed as food prices increase at the same time.

Prepare yourself.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Unemployment rate is at a historical low. There's only one direction for it now to go, unless somehow recession is avoided.

History tells us when unemployment rates rise income rates tank. Indeed a double whammy is often observed as food prices increase at the same time.

Prepare yourself.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    rate go up?

dream on
    geez

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    But they've been around for years and there isn't many of them. They also very strongly favour people with PS experience.

I don't think this is the golden goose it appears to be.
    There's a few on DOS4 but not huge volumes of work. The gigs I'm interested in always turn up at the wrong time.

On the recent webinar many people were asking how often new suppliers get work vs those who have received contracts in the past. No idea if they will do the analysis, it would make for interesting reading.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Keep an eye out for public sector outside gigs - could be good rates to be had there while private sector adjusts.
    But they've been around for years and there isn't many of them. They also very strongly favour people with PS experience.

I don't think this is the golden goose it appears to be.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Keep an eye out for public sector outside gigs - could be good rates to be had there while private sector adjusts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X