• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Using Client's Cafe and other services"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by PeterSim View Post
    As for making a fool out of myself, get over yourself.
    it wasn't a fool.
    it was a bellend.

go was on a live rail.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I never said that...

Leave a comment:

• thelastrosbif
    replied
    Watch out, hmrc inspectors have been known to bust down cubicle doors and ensure you haven't take a tulip on permie porcelein

I was told that if outside IR35 I am not permitted to use the clients cafe? Is this true even if the cafe is outsourced to another company and not subsidized? I am not talking about claiming the cafe costs as expenses, simply paying for it out of my own personal bank account. Do vending machines apply to this as well, if not why not?

What about other services, for example an in house massage service, that staff have to pay for to use and is not subsidized and is completely paid for when used only. Is that permitted for outside Ir35 contractors?

If the use of the Cafe is not permitted what about the bathrooms? I know the bathrooms are subsidized, they are cleaned by the company and they supply toilet paper. Do i have to bring my own toilet paper to work if i am outside ir35? Maybe HMRC expect me to rent a portaloo and stick it outside the front door of the law firm i work at. I am just trying to find out exactly what i can and can't use being outside IR35. I have no problem bringing in my own toilet paper if that is what HMRC wants me to do and yes I would claim the toilet paper on expenses if it was a requirement.

Leave a comment:

• PeterSim
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Oh

So it wasn't a serious question.

Don't post your jokes in the professional fora; I'm glad this was moved to general.

It was a serious question with a joke mocking IR35 as well. Thanks for answering the serious question, which was about using the cafe, to which you said if it is restricted for staff then contractors can't use it. Which is ridiculous as well as contractors are given passes that give them access to those services, including the toilets.

Any way, don't get too emotional about it. i know just as much as I think IR35 is ridiculous their are accountants that are making money off it just the same and companies that are going to save money while they forced everyone in to quasi-permanent employment.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    While making yourself look a complete bellend at the sametime.
    Mostly complete. He has not asked about JSA yet.....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Oh cheer up, i am just making fun of HMRC and their ridiculous IR35.
    While making yourself look a complete bellend at the sametime.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    HMRC are not much fun. Just ask the families of the 7 LC suicide victims.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Oh

So it wasn't a serious question.

Don't post your jokes in the professional fora; I'm glad this was moved to general.

Leave a comment:

• PeterSim
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hertsseasider
    replied
    I was thinking of taking my own office chair and desk as well. Don't want to take any chances.
    Now you are being silly and a tad rude to some of the good advice available on here.

Leave a comment:

• PeterSim
    replied
    I was thinking of taking my own office chair and desk as well. Don't want to take any chances.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    I got outside for a poo, any poo inside is caught under IR35

You do take your own oxygen tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Wasn't it EO who always used the local library 30 seconds away? But that was fear his contract would be terminated due to the stink he made?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    What about other services, for example an in house massage service, that staff have to pay for to use and is not subsidized and is completely paid for when used only. Is that permitted for outside Ir35 contractors?
    All contractors have to use NLyUK. You will get a 50% discount if you want the radiator bleeding service.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    I was told that if outside IR35 I am not permitted to use the clients cafe? Is this true even if the cafe is outsourced to another company and not subsidized? I am not talking about claiming the cafe costs as expenses, simply paying for it out of my own personal bank account. Do vending machines apply to this as well, if not why not?

If the use of the Cafe is not permitted what about the bathrooms? I know the bathrooms are subsidized, they are cleaned by the company and they supply toilet paper. Do i have to bring my own toilet paper to work if i am outside ir35? Maybe HMRC expect me to rent a portaloo and stick it outside the front door of the law firm i work at. I am just trying to find out exactly what i can and can't use being outside IR35. I have no problem bringing in my own toilet paper if that is what HMRC wants me to do and yes I would claim the toilet paper on expenses if it was a requirement.
    I got outside for a poo, any poo inside is caught under IR35

You do take your own oxygen tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I was told that if outside IR35 I am not permitted to use the clients cafe?
    Who told you that?
    What was the context that they told it to you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X