• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Benefits of an Independent School Education..."

Collapse

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Probably because such a school would have been full of CuK and Daily Wail types who would mercilessly hound him for being who he is
    Always someone else to blame eh!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    "Once a black boy is lost to the world of gangs it’s very hard to get them back."

So if gangs are just a 'black' problem then surely stopping and searching based on skin colour is fine then?

If a white person said that it would be racist.
    The full quote:

"I'd done a lot of work on how black boys underachieve in secondary schools so I knew what a serious problem it was. I knew what could happen to my son if he was sent to the wrong school and got in with the wrong crowd. I realised they were subjected to peer pressure and when that happens it’s very hard for a mother to save her son. Once a black boy is lost to the world of gangs it’s very hard to get them back and I was genuinely very fearful of what could happen."
    And her son's response at the time:

"She's not a hypocrite, she just put what I wanted first instead of what people thought," He added that he had wanted to go private rather than attend a local state school in Abbott's Hackney constituency.
    Probably because such a school would have been full of CuK and Daily Wail types who would mercilessly hound him for being who he is

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    And yet you didn't pick up the lack of a indefinite article in that sentence .....
    That would be because he's a thick c**t.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    FTFY - you were being over generous, surely?
    And yet you didn't pick up the lack of a indefinite article in that sentence .....

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Your lack of advanced analytical and cognitive capability is why you'll always be a bottom-feeder.

Gratis.
    FTFY - you were being over generous, surely?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Don't bring common sense into this, it never ends well.
    Your lack of advanced analytical and cognitive capability is why you'll always be a bottom-feeder.

Gratis.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    "Once a black boy is lost to the world of gangs it’s very hard to get them back."

So if gangs are just a 'black' problem then surely stopping and searching based on skin colour is fine then?

Don't bring common sense into this, it never ends well.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    So he was in a psychiatric care unit for a laugh?
    Was he?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I get the part that it's possibly being used as an excuse.
    So he was in a psychiatric care unit for a laugh?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    I know you're a bit slow, but what part of mental illness are you failing to get?
    I get the part that it's possibly being used as an excuse.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So his mother, hypocrite that she is sends her precious bundle of joy to an independent school to keep him away from bad influences because "Once a black boy is lost to the world of gangs it’s very hard to get them back." and yet even after all that privilege the boy in question assaults a Police Officer. Looks like it's not just gangs that turn these boys bad.
    I know you're a bit slow, but what part of mental illness are you failing to get?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Nor any indication that any of this was in any way gang related.
    So his mother, hypocrite that she is sends her precious bundle of joy to an independent school to keep him away from bad influences because "Once a black boy is lost to the world of gangs it’s very hard to get them back." and yet even after all that privilege the boy in question assaults a Police Officer. Looks like it's not just gangs that turn these boys bad.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Thugs from independent schools are quite common.

Independent school thugs conspire to beat up a journalist

People even vote for them at a general election.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    No mention by the Mail or many other media outlets that the most recent offences took place when he was a patient in a psychiatric intensive care unit. Why let facts get in the way of a story.
    Nor any indication that any of this was in any way gang related.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X