• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What have you bought the one you love this Christmas?"

Collapse

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I bought myself a Satmap Active 20 GPS with Platinum Map Bundle

The 1:10k map is basically a street map of the UK, down to the individual house level, and has come in very handy a couple of times already.
    Wow if only a map could be added to a smart phone then you would only need 1 device to do exactly this

Is this 1984?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I bought myself a Satmap Active 20 GPS with Platinum Map Bundle

The 1:10k map is basically a street map of the UK, down to the individual house level, and has come in very handy a couple of times already.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    I dont want any gifts and i do not want to gift anything to anybody
    I hate this consumer culture. If someone wants something they should buy it themselves.
    I think you'll find the OP did exactly that

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    More of a Pro Evo man myself...
    I'm tempted to move over, fifa is annoying the hell out of me. If you have a winning streak and play someone of less ability it "throttles" your ability to pass and shoot, like walking through jelly.

It's just a shame Pro Evo doesn't have the teams and the players.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I went with this one and it helps when playing Fifa, erm I mean programming.
    More of a Pro Evo man myself...

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    The comparable Samsung to the LG is this (5,120 x 1,440):

QLED Gaming Monitor | Dual QHD Display

Not sure you can stack the Samsung, but HDR might make it worth it...
    I went with this one and it helps when playing Fifa, erm I mean programming.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    I dont want any gifts and i do not want to gift anything to anybody
    I hate this consumer culture. If someone wants something they should buy it themselves.

Leave a comment:

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Looks cheap. The LG looks expensive (and is).
    60hz is fine then if your eyesight is so bad ;-)

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Nothing.

I've got all the toys and useless tat I don't want already.

I'm looking for a sled supplier now due to the oncoming hard winter, but the tat shop closed down some years ago.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Bought her a custom made new brigandine!

Some Star Trek and Marvel stuff too and a 'Mouse Rat' T-shirt as she loves that band.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Looks cheap. The LG looks expensive (and is).

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The LG has a shiny stand and you can stack them, so will buy another soon.

And this:

While the Samsung CHG90 has the same size and aspect ratio as these two monitors, its native resolution is just 3,840 by 1,080 pixels. This translates to a relatively low pixel density of 81 pixels per inch (ppi) and a screen that was not particularly sharp in our testing. The 49WL95C-W has a higher pixel density of 106 pixels per inch (ppi)—the same as the Dell UltraSharp 49—and its image quality for text, photos, and video is good.

I use it for programming and trading, so refresh rate and response time is not as important as resolution and image quality.

Leave a comment:

• Amanensia
    replied
    A set of Small Twist Blue Shorties.

These are apparently some sort of knitting needles.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Out of interest - why that one and not the Samsung (which has a faster refresh rate and HDR) or the Dell or Philips one?

I've also been looking at these.
    The LG has a shiny stand and you can stack them, so will buy another soon.

And this:

While the Samsung CHG90 has the same size and aspect ratio as these two monitors, its native resolution is just 3,840 by 1,080 pixels. This translates to a relatively low pixel density of 81 pixels per inch (ppi) and a screen that was not particularly sharp in our testing. The 49WL95C-W has a higher pixel density of 106 pixels per inch (ppi)—the same as the Dell UltraSharp 49—and its image quality for text, photos, and video is good.

I use it for programming and trading, so refresh rate and response time is not as important as resolution and image quality.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Best present I ever got the wife was a food mixer, she wanted a car upgrade

After that I got hundreds of BJ’s, naughty sex and booze when I wanted.

How can a food mixer get you all this??

Well she divorced me and I was single again

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

Working...
X