• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who you going to vote for?"

Collapse

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    it's a secret
    it isn't actually if you think about it. Your ballot paper is matched to your entry in the electoral roll. So in effect, anyone with access to that information can find out how you voted.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Maybe. But I think the statistics don't lie. No doubt there was a similar consensus on the previous polls that caused folks to vote the way they did rather than sound reason to the benefit of society at large. People are selfish, only thinking about themselves, you can count on that time and time again upon election.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You know what, the mini poll might speak more truth than you now despite the sample size.

Previous cUK polls where the public / parliament voted more or less the same way. Somewhat interesting, no? Or misuse of the cUK time machine.
    The CUK poll this time is probably skewed by the Tories' "reform" of IR35.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Only in the parallel universe that is CUK.

You know what, the mini poll might speak more truth than you know despite the sample size.

Previous cUK polls where the public / parliament voted more or less the same way. Somewhat interesting, no? Or misuse of the cUK time machine.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...highlight=vote

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...elections.html

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-election.html
    Last edited by scooterscot; 13 November 2019, 09:07.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by rik sherman View Post
    How many of the people who clicked on BP here are in a Tory constituency and now can't vote that way?

although i think i'm in a fairly safe Tory seat so don't think it matters much

Leave a comment:

• rik sherman
    replied
    How many of the people who clicked on BP here are in a Tory constituency and now can't vote that way?

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Looking like a Lib dem landslide.
    Only in the parallel universe that is CUK.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Just realised something, if Scotland votes lib dem in a huge way, Brexit and Scottish independence yadda will be killed stone dead.
    See where you went wrong there ?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Although to be fair, even taking into account how nice my wife is, my genes would have turned any of our offspring into twunts I dislike many of the human race, but even I couldn't inflict something I created on the unsuspecting public
    Try associating with people outside CUK for a change. You might think your genes are quite good.

And nurture plays a big factor.....

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Just realised something, it's Tuesday!
    FFS,

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Just realised something, if Scotland votes lib dem in a huge way, Brexit and Scottish independence yadda will be killed stone dead.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Looking like a Lib dem landslide.

I don't get Labour bribing the electorate with buckets of cash. Yes taxes need to go up, but cash is the one thing the country does not have. There's no investment cash available. It's all be spent on B and DUP.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    One small point. The self employed - all 5 million of them - have been proven by academic research to generate £140-145 billion every year for the UK economy. So they probably do count as wealth creators, if only indirectly, by saving BigCo serious costs.

Don't forget EU citizens, who generate around £15 billion for the economy - even though the alternative facts in the far right media would have you believe that they all live on benefits which they then send back to their families in foreign countries.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Just tell everyone you did not have children to save the planet and feel virtuous!
    Wasn't the reason, but don't think I don't use that now

Although to be fair, even taking into account how nice my wife is, my genes would have turned any of our offspring into twunts I dislike many of the human race, but even I couldn't inflict something I created on the unsuspecting public

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Not religious either so pretty sure no deity was involved. Either my pathetic sperm, or the wife and I being careful as her getting pregnant with her chronic condition would not end well, were the reasons.

Take your choice
    Just tell everyone you did not have children to save the planet and feel virtuous!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X