• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "16 year olds are to be given the vote..."

Collapse

• PCTNN
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    ...according to Komrade Korbyn.

Now, 16 year olds are children at school. In which case, why not give the vote to 5 year olds?

I'd be more inclined to take voting rights away from all the over 70 toolbags.

Why should they be allowed to vote to on things that will impact a future they won't be part of?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I think it is. (Just adding some remainer on remainer violence in the interests of balance).

FTFY
    He's no lady! I should actually have gone with 'The big girls blouse protests too much'

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    and you.
    rock spider

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I think it is. (Just adding some remainer on remainer violence in the interests of balance).

FTFY
    That's quite ironic, I was under the impression that yours were the apron strings that Whorty had tied himself to.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You advertise on facebook and it automatically places on Instagram which has a massive user base with teenagers.

I do a lot of facebook advertising. I'm just looking at the ad manager and the audience size for 16-18 is 1.9 million. 50-52 is 2.1 million. It's not a big difference.
    Apart from the majority of 16-18 year olds can't vote, whilst 100% of 50-52 can. Adds to younger audience will be for zit cream and johnnies, but for oldies it will be pitch forks and tin hats

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Is that really all you've got?

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Go on, tell us how many friends you have that have non-white skin
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Me thinks the woman protests too much

and you.
    rock spider

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Cambridge Anals were mostly active on Facebook. The yoof aren't big users of that social media platform, however the 50+ brexiter grey brigade are. The easily manipulated are the older Wail readers, the likes we see on here. The younger generation get their news and views from multiple sources so have a wider perspective on the world at large.

HTH
    You advertise on facebook and it automatically places on Instagram which has a massive user base with teenagers.

I do a lot of facebook advertising. I'm just looking at the ad manager and the audience size for 16-18 is 1.9 million. 50-52 is 2.1 million. It's not a big difference.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I'm just loving the Dim on Dim fighting

Look at it from a positive side .... two losers fighting, at long last one of you will finally win something

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    as i Keep having to tell you, i'm Not racist.
    It's You i don't like. specifically. you.
    Me thinks the woman protests too much

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    Agree in principle, but only after complete revamp of the electoral laws.

The Cambridge analytica fiasco, exposed how easy it is to manipulate popular opinion via social media. 16 y.o. are way to susceptible to social media influence.

Also the case is more in letting them vote in a referendum with long lasting effects that would affect their lives long term, skipping a GE at 16 will still allow you to make your voice heard at 20, so not that big of a deal.
    Cambridge Anals were mostly active on Facebook. The yoof aren't big users of that social media platform, however the 50+ brexiter grey brigade are. The easily manipulated are the older Wail readers, the likes we see on here. The younger generation get their news and views from multiple sources so have a wider perspective on the world at large.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Love it when the Brexiters call out other Brexiters on General for being dim, yet they support each other on the sub-forum for their insightful ramblings

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Does the fog around your head ever clear?
    Love it when the Brexiters call out other Brexiters on General for being dim, yet they support each other on the sub-forum for their insightful ramblings

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Well the lefties never stop dripping on about how we should let Shamima Begum back into the country because at 15-16 she "did not really know what she was doing!", yet in the next sentence want to let kids of the same age have a critical say over one of the most important issues facing the country for decades.

And people tend to get more right wing as they get older.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    So you let old people who have no social/economical importance anymore decide for their futures
    Well the lefties never stop dripping on about how we should let Shamima Begum back into the country because at 15-16 she "did not really know what she was doing!", yet in the next sentence want to let kids of the same age have a critical say over one of the most important issues facing the country for decades.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X