• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Using a tablet in the bath?"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Should BT be encouraging use of tablets in the bath?

I suppose I could complain to the ASA. But I thought it would be far more effective to go straight to the top and whine on CUK.....

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why anyone would sit in tub of their their own sweat, knob cheese and klinkers for an hour is beyond me, let alone watching a tablet while doing it.

Oh I bet you've got your Yankee Candles all lined up round yours
    Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 13 September 2019, 13:47.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why anyone would sit in tub of their their own sweat, knob cheese and klinkers for an hour is beyond me, let alone watching a tablet while doing it.

You're happy to walk around coated in it, but not sit in it in a soup form?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    At least it was wasn't a photo of the family all standing around someone sitting on the toilet
    Obviously not an Irish family then...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    At least it was wasn't a photo of the family all standing around someone sitting on the toilet

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Most of the higher end phones are now waterproof as are modern Kindle e-readers. I would have thought some of the kiddie tablets were too, or those rugged enclosures people put them in?

I wonder if tablets will follow suit - is there a good reason why they are harder to protect, or is it simply less desirable so nobody bothers?

I used to watch my iPad in the bath, but now I have a TV there.

Leave a comment:

• CryingSheep
    replied
    Dropping it and putting it in water. Especially a child using said tablet.

I am sure the voltage will be too low to do any harm. However if someone is out of battery they may be tempted to charge it.....
    Exactly what I thought then... Most phones this days are waterproof (at least at some level), and some tablets start to be as well.

Neither smartphones nor tablets have enough power to cause any harm if dropped in a bath. Even if charging I would doubt it, plus I thought there is legislation in the UK that forbids any (full) power socket in a bathroom!

Worse case scenario you destroyed your (not so much this days) expensive toy!

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    However if someone is out of battery they may be tempted to charge it.....
    Which is why UK regulations do not permit regular plugs in bathrooms (or at least in safe zones). Because some people are that thick...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Can you test this theory for us, but with a toaster or electric fire ??
    I tried with a toaster - it was fine.

Should I have plugged it in first?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

I am sure the voltage will be too low to do any harm. However if someone is out of battery they may be tempted to charge it.....
    Can you test this theory for us, but with a toaster or electric fire ??

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    Can you clarify why would you be worried about someone using a tablet in a bath!? Just to make sure I understand it...

Leave a comment:

• CryingSheep
    replied

I suppose I could complain to the ASA. But I thought it would be far more effective to go straight to the top and whine on CUK.....
    Can you clarify why would you be worried about someone using a tablet in a bath!? Just to make sure I understand it...

Leave a comment:

• KinooOrKinog
    replied

Probably not. Some people are stupid enough to do it.

I've always had wifi in my bathroom though so not exactly a new thing..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X