• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK’s Labour would cost companies £300bn in workers’ share swipe"

Collapse

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Or the bricks thrown from bridges?
    it was a bit bigger wasn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Do you also remember the police going in on horseback at Orgreave?
    They should've sent the tanks in, never mind the horses!

Still, my dad made a shed load of overtime out of the miners strike

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Or the bricks thrown from bridges?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    FTFY, I remember it also.

Do you also remember the police going in on horseback at Orgreave?

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    where ordinary people got their heads kicked in for being a black leg in an un-balloted strike
    FTFY, I remember it also.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Did you hold the opinion?
    the opinion that I held on both strikes was that both Sirs and Scargill were a little less street wise than they should have been.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    UK’s Labour would cost companies £300bn in workers’ share swipe

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    boo hoo

maggies child here too.

Repeatedly made a job for myself and enjoyed prosperity. Keep on blaming others for your misfortune. Its yours!
    What do you mean “too”? I didn’t arrive in the U.K. until the 90’s, Maggie is all yours....

You’re missing the point of my (limited) soclalism. I’ve been a conservative voter most of my life, but I can still have empathy with others that are not as fortunate and rely on labour legislation to protect them.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    It was an opinion held by many
    Did you hold the opinion?

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    No there wasn’t, John. You made it up, like all your dull opinions, dull trolling, etc.
    I was working in the steel industry in 1980 and a member of ISTC. It was an opinion held by many of the conduct of Bill Sirs. Other colleagues expressed the same opinion about Scargill. Were you alive and working at that time?

Arthur's interview poses questions - Paul Routledge - Mirror Online

Also, for your information, the middle and senior management branch of ISTC did not vote for the steel strike in 1980
    Last edited by JohntheBike; 4 September 2019, 08:27.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheDull View Post
    There was a suggestion...

No there wasn’t, John. You made it up, like all your dull opinions, dull trolling, etc.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    You’re right, I wasn’t brought brought up under a communist regime.

I was brought up in the 70s and 80s where workers had to go on strike for hard-fought rights, where ordinary people got their heads kicked in for daring to ask for a fair day’s wage for a fair day’s work.

So perhaps wannabe totalitarians like yourself should be grateful that others have fought for the rights that you are so keen to enjoy, but want to deny to others.
    There was a suggestion that both Bill Sirs (ISTC) and Arthur Scargill (NUM) were in league with Maggie as neither followed the wishes of a large proportion of their membership in calling their respective strikes and both didn't really have a cohesive plan. Maggie would have found great difficulty politically in making the redundancies which followed both strikes if it were not for those strikes.

It should have been plain to Scargill that McGregor, who had orchestrated the steel industry changes, would do the same with the miners. Scargill was a fool to take him and Maggie on in the way that he did. I guess both men enjoyed their pensions.

I have always laid the blame for the 1984 miners strike at the feet of Joe Gormley, who effectively brought down the Conservative Government in 1974. I said then that there would be repercussions, and Maggie proved so.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    You're effin' big bollocks when he's banned, aren't you? As soon as he's back you'll have your tongue rammed so far up his arse that sasguru will be creaming in his dungarees!

Zig - in "just thought I'd lighten the mood" mode!
    Never were truer words spoken in jest.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Thus spake the man who blames the EU for everything that is wrong with the UK.
    You're effin' big bollocks when he's banned, aren't you? As soon as he's back you'll have your tongue rammed so far up his arse that sasguru will be creaming in his dungarees!

Zig - in "just thought I'd lighten the mood" mode!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Keep on blaming others for your misfortune. Its yours!
    Thus spake the man who blames the EU for everything that is wrong with the UK.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    You’re right, I wasn’t brought brought up under a communist regime.

I was brought up in the 70s and 80s where workers had to go on strike for hard-fought rights, where ordinary people got their heads kicked in for daring to ask for a fair day’s wage for a fair day’s work.

So perhaps wannabe totalitarians like yourself should be grateful that others have fought for the rights that you are so keen to enjoy, but want to deny to others.
    Well maybe not communist but the labour of the 70's was pretty ******* close.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X