• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just booked myself a hotel in central London for the last week of October"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    that's ok, - we'll drop him in france from a lysander with a silly hat and a polis uniform
    The Lysander parts are now made in Germany and stuck in customs. Meanwhile the Thistle Hotel Heathrow has spontaneously combusted in disgust and scoots escaped.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Maybe Scoots won't be allowed back in the plane to Germany. That would serve you right.
    that's ok, - we'll drop him in france from a lysander with a silly hat and a polis uniform

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Maybe Scoots won't be allowed back in the plane to Germany. That would serve you right.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Probably the first sensible thing the EU have ever done...

Not quite. She had no competition, yet still only scraped through the vote of MEPs. Mrs May may have nominated her (I hope to God she didn't, because this mad loon looks like she'll make Juncker seem totally reasonable, but that's a discussion for another day).
    Only scraped through = elected. And can still be rejected (democratically) when the Commission is determined.

HTH, BIDI. it seems like you have a pathological desire not to understand the process.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Oh, they’ve planned for it all right - that’s why you can’t buy visas, it’s a deliberate policy to keep you out ;-)

My Presidents all happen to be elected. The EU one was elected by the U.K. Prime Minister as a member of the Council on our behalf.
    it’s a deliberate policy to keep you out ;-)
    Probably the first sensible thing the EU have ever done...

The EU one was elected by the U.K. Prime Minister as a member of the Council on our behalf.
    Not quite. She had no competition, yet still only scraped through the vote of MEPs. Mrs May may have nominated her (I hope to God she didn't, because this mad loon looks like she'll make Juncker seem totally reasonable, but that's a discussion for another day).

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Just booked myself a hotel in central London for the last week of October

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    The EU haven't planned for no-deal. There's no way to buy our visas. So while you slag off our (elected) PM, remember your (un-elected) President isn't doing much better.
    Oh, they’ve planned for it all right - that’s why you can’t buy visas, it’s a deliberate policy to keep you out ;-)

My Presidents all happen to be elected. The EU one was elected by the U.K. Prime Minister as a member of the Council on our behalf.

Edit: and approved by MEPs, also on our behalf....
    Last edited by meridian; 19 August 2019, 18:01.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    If you’re flying to the EU, make sure you’ve got your visa. FoM ends for Brits on 31st October.
    The EU haven't planned for no-deal. There's no way to buy our visas. So while you slag off our (elected) PM, remember your (un-elected) President isn't doing much better.

Leave a comment:

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied
    Originally posted by mookiemoo View Post
    I'm guessing I'll be ok on the way there as I'm off to Lanzarote and will arrive on the 31st so ok- I doubt the canarian infrastructure can deport all the Brits there!

So the issue is getting home a week later!
    Book a one way trip, get the return journey free!

Leave a comment:

• mookiemoo
    replied
    If you’re flying to the EU, make sure you’ve got your visa. FoM ends for Brits on 31st October.
    I'm guessing I'll be ok on the way there as I'm off to Lanzarote and will arrive on the 31st so ok- I doubt the canarian infrastructure can deport all the Brits there!

So the issue is getting home a week later!

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    I'm flying on holiday on the 31st October - returning a week later.

Bad planning me thinks but not changeable now.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

Don't worry mate, I flew on the 29th of March and absolutely nothing happened...

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Starting an import/export business on November 1st. lederhosen, tuba's and dirndl dresses etc.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    I'm guessing that to ensure you get minimum access to a mature market your USP will be that you will only accept bit coin payments?

I suspect that the more entrepreneurial types on this side of the water will make it work, despite the best efforts of politicians of all stripes.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Starting an import/export business on November 1st. Food stuffs and medicines etc.

Leave a comment:

• mookiemoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X