• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Few things about Indians (IT)"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Some cabins can be very nice - current set up has AC, showers, kitchens, mains water, power, ICT & a nurses room, a multi faith room,

But yes some can be very "basic" especially when they are stacked 3 high without the proper footings!
    Loved the AB Automotive portakabin, especially the bit where the aircon periodically pissed down the back of someone's neck.

That was always amusing.

Especially since it wasn't me.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    And never work out of a portakabin

Some cabins can be very nice - current set up has AC, showers, kitchens, mains water, power, ICT & a nurses room, a multi faith room,

But yes some can be very "basic" especially when they are stacked 3 high without the proper footings!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    +1 This

One of my last gigs, the only fellow contractors who got extensions were the ones who were drinking buddies with the Programme Manager and would feed his need to be out on the lash 3/4 times week.
    And not only contractors but Permies/promotions too.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Yer dead right there.

AB Automotive Electronics.

Portakabin.

tuliphole.

As is usual, since I've worked there, it's shut.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    The 3 lessons Oi've learned from contracting are:

Don't work for an Indian company
    Don't work fo an unsupportive tyrant

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Anybody else remember the case where an Indian chap submitted his CV twice for a role, once with his real name, the other with a non Indian name?

As the non-Indian was invited to interview and the Indian CV was rejected he then sued the company concerned.

As it turns out the chap made a bit of a habit of this behaviour and obtained a few quid.

So, be careful when you're sifting through CVs...
    You'd never be caught out doing that. Unless the name was something like Goldberg.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    Just received a few CVs
    Including
    Photo
    Caste
    1st star sign
    Secondary star sign
    Not sure what are their developing skills though, maybe the star signs could tell me
    Anybody else remember the case where an Indian chap submitted his CV twice for a role, once with his real name, the other with a non Indian name?

As the non-Indian was invited to interview and the Indian CV was rejected he then sued the company concerned.

As it turns out the chap made a bit of a habit of this behaviour and obtained a few quid.

So, be careful when you're sifting through CVs...

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    Just received a few CVs
    Including
    Photo
    Caste
    1st star sign
    Secondary star sign
    Not sure what are their developing skills though, maybe the star signs could tell me

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Racism is real, global, and impossible to eradicate - it can only be reduced, temporarily, through cultural propaganda, but it will always come back. Birds of a feather, flock together.

That said, I think I'll change my name by deed poll to Anand Gopalakrishnan, and send a new CV to Wipro.
    that's a low caste name, you have no chance

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Racism is real, global, and impossible to eradicate - it can only be reduced, temporarily, through cultural propaganda, but it will always come back. Birds of a feather, flock together.

That said, I think I'll change my name by deed poll to Anand Gopalakrishnan, and send a new CV to Wipro.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Its those sheep shaggers from wales I can't stand....
    the sais still eat them though!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Might as well be hung for a sheep as a goat, look you.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    +1 This

One of my last gigs, the only fellow contractors who got extensions were the ones who were drinking buddies with the Programme Manager and would feed his need to be out on the lash 3/4 times week.
    Well you shouldn't be such a shandy drinking softie then.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    The only part that is believable is the woman being last but not the caste bit.
    I had no knowledge of that system to verify if what I was told was correct.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X