• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fake news or freedom of speech?"

Collapse

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    ...or worthwhile.
    I'd love to see some decent ideas come from the left. I might even get behind them if they start talking policies and ideas... :/

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    No one said it would be easy...
    ...or worthwhile.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    With an Alt right twunt like you?
    No one said it would be easy...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Let's see if we can get at least 1 page in of sensible conversation, after that it's anyone's game...
    With an Alt right twunt like you?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Obviously we'll ruin it.
    Let's see if we can get at least 1 page in of sensible conversation, after that it's anyone's game...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Splendid!
    Obviously we'll ruin it.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    ah consent

What's he not waiting for ?

The tape on its own isn't evidence but it is when you consider with the allegations, which are evidence.

The Republicans had a field day with Bill Clinton's infidelity; were you outraged about that as well?
    I didn't GAS about anything like that, was having way too much fun. Besides I'm not even outraged at this. What consenting adults choose to do with each other is their business

This tape does not serve as evidence of anything non-consensual. It's horrible and misogynistic yes but not evidence of any crime. How do you reconcile this tape as being evidence of the allegations? If anything it's proof that he doesn't cross the line into non-consent.

" I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it."
    "I moved on her like a b**ch. But I couldn’t get there."

He didn't cross the line into non-consent.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Explain, with evidence, please.

Also:

At that time, ISIS was confined to the immediate area of Iraq and Syria. President Obama famously referred to ISIS nine months later in January of 2014 as the “JV team.”
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I though it was Bush and Blair that created ISIS. .
    They created the vacuum that ISIS formed in after destroying Iraq and not stabilizing it afterwards. But the group formed under Obama's presidency right after Russia blocked us from invading Syria in the UNSC and militarily. There were other actors involved such as Saudi Arabia and Turkey and our friend John McCain

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    No it's not - it's called making a move on a married woman - and then later bragging about what famous men can get away with con sensually.

He didn't say that about the woman making rape allegations about him now. This is what he said about her (from the full transcript you posted earlier)

The 'grab them by..' quote which everyone get's so excite about comes (as you know) later in the conversation and even that - as per the quote you just posted indicates consent:

Now that doesn't make any of what he said OK or acceptable. But as far as evidence of illegal rape/assault - it's not that either.

I'll ask you the same question I asked OG - What policies and ideas do you think the dems should use to win the hearts and minds of Trump voters?
    ah consent

I don't even wait.
    What's he not waiting for ?

The tape on its own isn't evidence but it is when you consider with the allegations, which are evidence.

The Republicans had a field day with Bill Clinton's infidelity; were you outraged about that as well?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    A hunch that someone is smearing Trump. It's a good job i dont have a hunch that he's guilty.

It would be a decent coversation. Don't have time right now but will later.
    Splendid!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Call it a hunch - I see you want me to make some kind of absolute statement without any evidence so you can 'win' based on that. I have based my 'hunch' on the fact that it's not the first time (Stormy - Kavanagh etc), won't be the last and this is what the liberals do.

Here's a question that could set up a decent conversation for you - what policies and ideas do you think the dems should take up if they wanted to win over the hearts and minds of Trump voters this time around?
    A hunch that someone is smearing Trump. It's a good job i dont have a hunch that he's guilty.

It would be a decent coversation. Don't have time right now but will later.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I though it was Bush and Blair that created ISIS. .

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Obama ... created ISIS

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    No it's not - it's called making a move on a married woman - and then later bragging about what famous men can get away with con sensually.

He didn't say that about the woman making rape allegations about him now. This is what he said about her (from the full transcript you posted earlier)

Donald J. Trump: You know and ...

Unknown: She used to be great. She’s still very beautiful.

Trump: I moved on her, actually. You know, she was down on Palm Beach. I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it.

Unknown: Whoa.

Trump: I did try and f**k her. She was married.

Unknown: That’s huge news.

Trump: No, no, Nancy. No, this was [unintelligible] — and I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping.

She wanted to get some furniture. I said, “I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture.” I took her out furniture —

I moved on her like a b**ch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony t*ts and everything. She’s totally changed her look.
    The 'grab them by..' quote which everyone get's so excite about comes (as you know) later in the conversation and even that - as per the quote you just posted indicates consent:

I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."
    Now that doesn't make any of what he said OK or acceptable. But as far as evidence of illegal rape/assault - it's not that either.

I'll ask you the same question I asked OG - What policies and ideas do you think the dems should use to win the hearts and minds of Trump voters?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Bragging about what? He said he aggressively pursued him and she turned him down. No rape, no assault. Furniture shopping...

I'm not trying to defend him or what he said - but let's call it what it actually is.
    It's called sexual assault.

Donald Trump Access Hollywood tape - Wikipedia

Trump described his attempt to seduce a married woman and indicated he might start kissing a woman that he and Bush were about to meet. He added, "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X