• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is a fair price for alphabet shares?"

Collapse

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
    $1082.80
    Gone up to $1,122.99 today

Leave a comment:

• pscont
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    "I had a massive vindaloo last night washed down with copious amounts of home brew. Should I trust a fart?"
    Well that depends. If you are like Elton John.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Dear Wtfh,

Never trust a fart, unless you’ve had copious beer and curry.

Yours fartfully,
    Auntie pscont.
    Pscont addresses the crease and follows through.

Admin, do the needfuls to make that his CUK level description or whatever. Good man.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    "I had a massive vindaloo last night washed down with copious amounts of home brew. Should I trust a fart?"
    Dear Wtfh,

Never trust a fart, unless you’ve had copious beer and curry.

Yours fartfully,
    Auntie pscont.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    You're welcome.

I can't wait to find out your next stupid question about something you've been told isn't a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by pscont View Post
    Thanks for the input, bell end.
    You're welcome.

I can't wait to find out your next stupid question about something you've been told isn't a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Shares and assets valuations for tax - GOV.UK

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Moved to General.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    75p or 55p

Heinz alphabetti pasta shapes | Waitrose & Partners
    Heinz alphabetti pasta | Waitrose & Partners

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Moved to General.

Leave a comment:

• pscont
    replied
    I couldn't be bothered reading OP's posting history for detail. Pretty much everything he posts is some hare-brained scheme to deny the public purse. No surprises he's asked before though.

Oh well. the more low hanging fruit for HMRC the better. They can keep busy with the bell ends, and leave the rest alone :P
    Thanks for the input, bell end.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by NCOTBAC View Post
    Yup and he's been told this in most of this threads with contrived attempts to distribute company money to his family. Looks like he's gone with his last one which was the alphabet shares despite the advice given.

He was also told to get professional advice a few times in that thread as well.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...tribution.html
    I couldn't be bothered reading OP's posting history for detail. Pretty much everything he posts is some hare-brained scheme to deny the public purse. No surprises he's asked before though.

Oh well. the more low hanging fruit for HMRC the better. They can keep busy with the bell ends, and leave the rest alone :P

Leave a comment:

• NCOTBAC
    replied
    oh dear.........

It's almost certainly a bad idea.
    Yup and he's been told this in most of this threads with contrived attempts to distribute company money to his family. Looks like he's gone with his last one which was the alphabet shares despite the advice given.

He was also told to get professional advice a few times in that thread as well.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...tribution.html

Leave a comment:

• jbond007
    replied
    $1082.80

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    oh dear.........

As alphabet shares are not necessarily linked to ownership of the company then valuing them is quite moot.
    If you have say 100 B class shares. And you have 100% of the A class shares, then the B class shares are probably worth nothing other than the amount of dividend you intend to funnel to them (presumably that is the sole purpose).

This is no doubt a tax avoidance strategy. A legal one, but may also be potenitally abusive (Google GAAR).
    See also Arctic systems if the B class share opener is your wife. HINT: different classes of share don't work.

It's almost certainly a bad idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X