• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: StackOverflow...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "StackOverflow..."

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Do they have a Brexit sub-forum?
    Or a emoji.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    e2 ? Not really just terabytes of assorted handjobbery. Does that count?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Do they have a Brexit sub-forum?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Tried to upvote your reply, but got

This action requires 15 reputation.
    Bastards!

I'm sure I have more rep points than that!
    It's the thought that counts

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    At least SO isn't everything2

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Funnily enough, I've just posted on SO for the first time in over six years

It was to help a chap I know and have worked with; no doubt someone will downvote it to oblivion and call me a moron shortly, but for now you can see it at Display a fixed-length subset of a list in a Django template - Stack Overflow should you wish
    Tried to upvote your reply, but got

This action requires 15 reputation.
    Bastards!

I'm sure I have more rep points than that!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's ok, we're all safe, they'll be incels
    Wish I had been.....

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    We really don't want that type reproducing.
    It's ok, we're all safe, they'll be incels

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Offer tips on how to get a girlfriend in exchange for polite and helpful responses.
    We really don't want that type reproducing.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Offer tips on how to get a girlfriend in exchange for polite and helpful responses.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    ...I rarely post or answer questions on SO now, though I still use it for reference.
    Same.

I had some wipe rewrite my contribution yesterday without so much as a 'by your leave'... still, I did manage to find what I needed; so not all bad.

* shrugs *

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Plenty of Indians as well.
    Originally posted by Geronimo
    White man speak with forked tongue.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    The wife had a question about Excel, she does complicated stuff with pivot tables and such like. Anyway, she couldn't get something to work and it wasn't obvious to me, so I set her up with a SO login for herself.

She posted her question, fair enough it wasn't the most clear and concise question but she is a beginner. Anyway, downvoted to hell, tulipty comments etc. So, I then changed the question for her, phrased it correctly like a programming question. I've got a decent rep on SO so I know how to keep it concise, explained to the wife that you have to keep niceties etc out of the question. Anyway, downvoted and more tulipty comments, by this time my misses is never going to use SO again.

It was like she was targeted because she was a new to SO or a women, that's the only thing I can think of. Anyway, she posted on her company intranet and someone came back with the answer, worked great. Being a nice person, I logged in as the wife and posted the answer.

Anyway, some dick decided that wasn't the answer and posted his own answer, which didnt answer the question. When I politely pointed out that it didn't work and the answer I posted did everything I wanted, he continued to argue in the comments that I was wrong.

Not a great way to treat new people to SO. I rarely post or answer questions on SO now, though I still use it for reference.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    The Internet Is full of utter Dicks.

That is all.
    :|

ftfy

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Bet you are glad to be part of CUK where only 90%"are utter dicks.
    And the 10% who ask their accountant if they are a dick or not?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X