• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This time next week...."

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Not flags but always hard to participate in such events. I was at the 1969 IOW festival and it was difficult to hear much, stuck way back behind huge crowds. Ditto The Stones in Hyde Park, forget when that was exactly.
    Same year wasn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Bet that costs a FORTUNE.

Trailer tent for me this year. Previously we have rented motorhome and bought caravan. (Way cheaper to buy caravan then sell it afterwards if you dont want to keep it).
    Last time I went it was tents - the year Glastonbury decided to allow shroom stalls, before they were criminalised.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Always fancied doing Glasto, but no camping for me, I'd be hiring a Winnebago.

No slumming it with the proles for qh!

qh - snob
    Bet that costs a FORTUNE.

Trailer tent for me this year. Previously we have rented motorhome and bought caravan. (Way cheaper to buy caravan then sell it afterwards if you dont want to keep it).

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Always fancied doing Glasto, but no camping for me, I'd be hiring a Winnebago.

No slumming it with the proles for qh!

qh - snob

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    You won't be watching anything....just a sea of flags blocking the view
    Not flags but always hard to participate in such events. I was at the 1969 IOW festival and it was difficult to hear much, stuck way back behind huge crowds. Ditto The Stones in Hyde Park, forget when that was exactly.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 20 June 2019, 19:56.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Mind you, last time I went, Elvis Costello was headlining & he was truly woeful.
    Nothing much changed there then.

Woe, Woe, and Thrice Woe!

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Pretty awful line-up on the Pyramid Stage and no big "heritage act" headlining Saturday or Sunday night.

Haven't even heard of most of them Mind you, last time I went, Elvis Costello was headlining & he was truly woeful.
    Inneresting...

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Pretty awful line-up on the Pyramid Stage and no big "heritage act" headlining Saturday or Sunday night.

Haven't even heard of most of them Mind you, last time I went, Elvis Costello was headlining & he was truly woeful.
    The Cure......

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Baaaaaa.

Humbug.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why do you need to leave Wales for all that?
    He's leaving one swamp for another. The music might be better, but he'd need to be very selective...
    Also, the sheep there don't recognise him....

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Hmm so that week you will be..

Hanging around a load of unwashed smelly people sleeping in tents
    Drinking out of bottles and eating what they can find
    Everyone stealing from each other
    Bad smell from poor sanitary conditions
    Knee deep in litter and god knows what.
    Everyone off their tits on mind destroying drugs

He's leaving one swamp for another. The music might be better, but he'd need to be very selective...

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Here's some local bennies:

Local benefits | Glastonbury Festival

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    Basil Brush? Have you got some sort of portaloo emptying gig?
    Proper tickets fella.....

My 6 year old loves basil brush....

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Hmm so that week you will be..

Hanging around a load of unwashed smelly people sleeping in tents
    Drinking out of bottles and eating what they can find
    Everyone stealing from each other
    Bad smell from poor sanitary conditions
    Knee deep in litter and god knows what.
    Everyone off their tits on mind destroying drugs

Ha ha - probably spot on. And thats just Mrs PC.

The "conditions" take some getting used to. Toilets especially. We are "lucky" enough to be in the Disabled camping field so its a bit better. (Saying "lucky", Mrs PC would rather be fit enough not to need to be in there but there we go).

My fav drug of choice for Glastonbury is imodium mind. After a dodgy burger or two, and a large quantity of cider, you really don't want to see a toilet queue of 40 mins when "mrs brown is at the window" so to speak...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X