• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "5th interview, thank but no thanks."

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Its the "WANTED: Van driver. Must have experience of driving red vans" thing again....

I think there is mindset with some clients that "Im paying a shedload here I want someone with ALL the skills for that money!"
    It could also be symptomatic of hiring managers getting pestered by so many recruitment consultants that they get the HR Harpies to fend off the agency calls and vet the CVs first.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    They're remunerating PC?
    Strictly speaking, it goes directly to repaying his hardship loan.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    psychocandy at work....

You'd think they could supply proper office seating to Employment Support Advisers.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I think there is mindset with some clients that "Im paying a shedload here I want someone with ALL the skills for that money!"
    But not your client it seems.
    They get what they pay for.
    psychocandy at work....

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    They're remunerating PC?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    I've had a couple of calls recently where I have every single skill they want including all the bonus ones, except for one skill that's [semi-major skill]. I tell them that I don't have [semi-major skill] but they insist the client is fine with that as the person can learn on the job.

I am skeptical but what the hell, I have a phone interview, they really like me and I mention that I don't have [semi-major skill] but that's fine, they want a F2F...

I have the F2F, goes really well, then a week of silence I hear back that they really liked me but they needed [semi major skill] so they waited and eventually hired someone with it.

Why waste my goddamn time.

I could understand the pimp doing this but I specifically mentioned it to their tech guy that interviewed me on the phone.

In future I'll either outright lie about having [semi-major skill] and just wing it or just say no thanks.
    Its the "WANTED: Van driver. Must have experience of driving red vans" thing again....

Leave a comment:

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied
    Stupidest interview I ever had they had a list of (cant remember now) 50 questions split into 5 categories.

One category I made no claim on my CV to have ANY knowledge of and they knew that. I did mention it.

So I did it anyway, questions were easy - apart from the subject I had no idea. I scored 41 somehow - must have had a few lucky guests.

Agency phoned me. Sorry really unlucky the gig went to someone who had 42. Weird.
    I've had a couple of calls recently where I have every single skill they want including all the bonus ones, except for one skill that's [semi-major skill]. I tell them that I don't have [semi-major skill] but they insist the client is fine with that as the person can learn on the job.

I am skeptical but what the hell, I have a phone interview, they really like me and I mention that I don't have [semi-major skill] but that's fine, they want a F2F...

I have the F2F, goes really well, then a week of silence I hear back that they really liked me but they needed [semi major skill] so they waited and eventually hired someone with it.

Why waste my goddamn time.

I could understand the pimp doing this but I specifically mentioned it to their tech guy that interviewed me on the phone.

In future I'll either outright lie about having [semi-major skill] and just wing it or just say no thanks.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    This is Wales.

Farmer Sutra! Are gay rams really a problem in the sheep industry? | Environment | The Guardian

oops!

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Im amazed people will actually fall for this.

My rule was a telephone interview followed by an F2F if I liked the sound of the project from the TI or, a single F2F. If they couldnt make their minds up by that point, I made my own and moved on.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Had the agent on the phone today, no not another interview, just a discussion on where you skills would best fit.
    Hmmmm....

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Had the agent on the phone today, no not another interview, just a discussion on where you skills would best fit.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    She ain't no lady.
    This is Wales.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Also, was it felled by the lady from the Jobcentre Plus in Port Talbot?
    She ain't no lady.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X