• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Odds of Mudskipper winning Countdown this year."

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Group booking for pizza express after, so shout if you fancy that too
    Woking?

Its got great reviews

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/16/pizza...view-11169085/

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    I Group booking for pizza express after, so shout if you fancy that too

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    If anyone fancies playing a bit of countdown in a fun, informal setting, I'm co-hosting a London event in a couple of weeks!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1424854681220148

We've got over 50 players of all abilities attending (you won't be the worst!), and a fair few first timers, so if anyone thinks it sounds like it could be fun, we'd love to see you. Only a tenner (sign up via the link on the fb page), so little to lose! Group booking for pizza express after, so shout if you fancy that too

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    If anyone's missing their countdown fix, we've been streaming a live mini-series on Mondays and Thursdays at 8.

There have been some truly excellent games - up tonight is the subject of this thread, the high score record holder.

Check out YouTube if you're interested - will be live at 8 tonight!

(My job is the techy stuff - streaming and overlays, so blame me for any screw ups!)
    Final tonight with special guest Susie Dent!

ZoomDown S2E31 - Series 2 Final - Rob Foster v Callum Todd, with special guest Susie Dent - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Good luck!

Good grief. Where do you get the time! ARE NONE OF YOU DOING ANY WORK!!!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    What’s the betting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Well the smart money is on Conor - but I certainly wouldn't rule out Jonathan (and he's my personal favourite). Both are previous Countdown series champs, and Conor also won the Champion of Champions that they've just finished repeating on Channel 4.

See you at 8 - will give you a shout out if you join the youtube live chat with a recognisable name

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Hello MS. I've missed this entire thread/story can you give me a precis (what the young folk call TLDR )
    part 1 : I was on countdown last year. I won 8 games (became an octochamp!) but lost my quarterfinal. It was fun
    part 2 : Young lad called Elliott came along and smashed countdown records
    part 3 : Countdown currently on a filming hiatus cos covid, so a group of us have been running ZoomDown - streaming countdown games live via zoom on youtube - been a big success and had lots of previous countdown champions taking part - and even the countdown producer's been a contestant!
    After 54 heat games, 4 QFs, and 2 SFs, we're down to our final two - should be a cracking game and party atmosphere - tune in to above link at 8 for the craic

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If anyone's missing their countdown fix, we've been streaming a live mini-series on Mondays and Thursdays at 8.

There have been some truly excellent games - up tonight is the subject of this thread, the high score record holder.

Check out YouTube if you're interested - will be live at 8 tonight!

(My job is the techy stuff - streaming and overlays, so blame me for any screw ups!)
    Hello MS. I've missed this entire thread/story can you give me a precis (what the young folk call TLDR )

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Series final tonight - should be a fantastic game, and lots of fun

ZoomDown S1E31 - Finals! - YouTube - 8pm to join in the live chat and take the piss out of my curtains.
    What’s the betting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Series final tonight - should be a fantastic game, and lots of fun

ZoomDown S1E31 - Finals! - YouTube - 8pm to join in the live chat and take the piss out of my curtains.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Excellent - glad you enjoyed it.

Great fun doing it

Oddly enough, my curtains were the subject of a crowd fund in the youtube chat last Monday - apparently I need some new ones!

Hope you were impressed with my contestant beating 4L solve

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Well, that was an enjoyable watch, though I did find it a bit confusing when the chap accidentally put up the solution instead of the conundrum

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    No euphemism there I’m afraid, but you could have had euphonium for nine

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I was worried that was an euphemism.

Looks like good fun!
    No euphemism there I’m afraid, but you could have had euphonium for nine