• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Daily cost of living in Zurich?"

Collapse

• Milestone
    replied
    When I was contracting there stayed central, here...

Hotel Zurich - Bahnhof - Zentrum

Right next to central station, clean, quiet, comfortable, breakfast included (which from my experience in Zurich is rare), if you are in Zurich regularly I’m sure you can negotiate a good room rate with the manager. The client I was working for had 3 course lunches so didn’t spend too much on food, but there are reasonable options just need to hunt them out.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Camping is what i did (contract was in summer)
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    I thought you said you went cottaging? Not camping

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    His 10 year old "girlfriend" had a wendy house.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I thought you said you went cottaging? Not camping

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Cheaper hotel, possibly not so central, 200CHF
    Lunch Migros sandwich, 7CHF
    Evening meal, 30-50CHF.

Public transport is regular, reliable and frequent. It might be worth staying further away for cheaper accommodation.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    500CHF
    He didn't ask the cost of a baked potato with butter.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Check out hotels near the airport. IBIS is relatively inexpensive, approx GBP 110 per night.

Hotels in Zurich | Book Online Now | AccorHotels.com

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    500CHF
    and the rest.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    500CHF

Leave a comment:

• yasockie
    started a topic Daily cost of living in Zurich?

Daily cost of living in Zurich?

I don't want the fuss of crossing the border every morning or anything like that. just stay central, Monday to Friday.
    What is the daily cost of a comfortable day - a hotel night plus breakfast (I assume included) + plus lunch (say a small soup and sandwich) plus solid dinner in central Zurich?
    I can convert between CHF and GBP
    Any links to specific restaurants and hotels and lunch places also welcome

Working...
X