• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sri Lanka - have I missed something?"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I know. You are so bigoted, you won't even work for them.
    And thankfully, I don't have to!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    I thought I'd sit back and give someone else the opportunity. You know how touchy some people can be regarding the followers of that particular Abrahamic Branch.
    I know. You are so bigoted, you won't even work for them.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Have I missed Ziggy's thread about the shooting in San Diego?
    I thought I'd sit back and give someone else the opportunity. You know how touchy some people can be regarding the followers of that particular Abrahamic Branch.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Have I missed Ziggy's thread about the shooting in San Diego?

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I apologise if I haven't met your hand-wringing threshold.

Originally posted by Zigenare
    Is there a reason why nobody has mentioned the massacre of ~250 christians on the island of Sri Lanka by Islamic Terrorists?

Just asking in case I missed the snowflake memo.

Are we keeping it hush-hush, lest we offend?
    Absolutely outstanding. Cognitive dissonance at its best (worst).

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    “Not mentioning it on here” doesn’t mean no one cares.

And in the OP’s case, mentioning it on here doesn’t mean that he cares either, it may or may not simply be an opportunistic dig at whatever group he wants to have a dig at, at the expense of other victims.
    There was so much bull-sh** coming out from the media I did not want to bother commenting. In particular, the media were pushing the government line that the attackers can't be locals.

It reminded me of when I used to holiday in Luxor every year. The day before the massacre at Hatshepsut, the whole city was quiet and many guides advised tourists not to travel to the East Bank. Obviously many locals knew what was about to happen.

The next year when I returned, there were very few tourists. A taxi driver said we knew massacre was going to happen but we never thought it would affect the tourist trade. Unfortunately, that is the mentality of some uneducated people in foreign places.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I'm flattered, but nope.
    Suit yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And if I up the mark to 7/10?
    I'm flattered, but nope.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Nothing to do with Trolling but thanks for your input - however erroneous it may be.
    And if I up the mark to 7/10?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Of course people care. The religion of the victims is irrelevant (not all victims would have been Christian) - almost as much as the religion or perceived cause of the perps is also irrelevant. Let's just remember that innocent people were murdered by idiot, cowardly terrorists. The terrorists are no more representative of all Muslims any more than the IRA, the bloke in NZ or the bloke in Norway are representative of all Christians.

People have lost their lives and loved ones. Point scoring over this is sad and a bit pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    2/10 for trolling.

Perhaps people don't comment on it is because there is nothing to add as it's not a novel situation like New Zealand and their response.
    Nothing to do with Trolling but thanks for your input - however erroneous it may be.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    2/10 for trolling.

Perhaps people don't comment on it is because there is nothing to add as it's not a novel situation like New Zealand and their response.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    The family and friends of the victims.
    Clearly not them.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    The family and friends of the victims.
    I apologise if I haven't met your hand-wringing threshold.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Grow up.
    Was I wrong? Your OP started out asking a reasonable question (debatable, but reasonable), but then descended into the usual dig.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X