• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pimlico Pied-à-terre"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You short a house by borrowing it behind their back, selling it without telling them, waiting for it to fall in price and then secretly buy it back at at a lower price and pocket the difference.
    This is remarkably close to the truth of the situation.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    For the sake of clarity, you mean you don't have a house right? You're not shorting someone else's.
    You short a house by borrowing it behind their back, selling it without telling them, waiting for it to fall in price and then secretly buy it back at at a lower price and pocket the difference.

How hard can that be?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Hell.

Well, at least they won't be in Surrey.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If London is pedestrianised, where will all the cyclists go?
    Hell, it's in the bible, probably.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    If London is pedestrianised, where will all the cyclists go?

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Feeling good about me short position.
    For the sake of clarity, you mean you don't have a house right? You're not shorting someone else's.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Flippen heck... agent of this place got in touch this morning with another £100k off. Not even a full week later.

Someone is bricking it.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    That would be awesome. And more trees with proper irrigation.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    a couple of years and London will be completely pedestrianised.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    There must be something going on in the U.K., there’s no money left for critical repairs to Hammersmith Bridge.

Between this and ULEZ, give it a couple of years and London will be completely pedestrianised.

Hammersmith Bridge 'closed indefinitely' after faults found - BBC News
    Wasn't that going on 30 years ago?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Ha! Agent just got in touch with me regarding said property, owner has dropped price from a guide Price £3,250,000 to £2,900,000

£350,000 in the space of what 1 week 2 weeks? Someone is panicking. Feeling good about me short position.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Now looking around Notting Hill.

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    If you could you yah? Asking for a friend like...

I like this one:

3 bedroom terraced house for sale in Tachbrook Street, Pimlico, London, SW1V, SW1V
    I used to live in Pimlico a while ago. Excellent central location and it is very much a mix of rich and poor (similar to Kensington & Chelsea). Dolphin Square is full of MPs & Civil Servants and right next to it is Churchill Gardens which is one of the largest council estates in London.

As one of the other posters mentioned Tachbrook Street is near Vauxhall Bridge Road so it is quite noisy & polluted and there is a street market on it at least once a week so you will have an Eastenders scene outside your front door
    Last edited by redgiant; 13 April 2019, 17:26.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Isn't that where Alan Sugar sends the losing team?
    If that's the case, I'd lose on purpose - breakfast there is better than any other possible reward

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Hope in the years ahead that'll change. Have got used to the fresh air up here in the alps. Returning to Auld Reekie on occasion causes my nose to twitch where it once did not before.
    There must be something going on in the U.K., there’s no money left for critical repairs to Hammersmith Bridge.

Between this and ULEZ, give it a couple of years and London will be completely pedestrianised.

Hammersmith Bridge 'closed indefinitely' after faults found - BBC News

Leave a comment:

Working...
X