• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New thing I made

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New thing I made"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    All I read there is spend money.. Sending a shiver down my spine.
    You Yorkshire people LOL.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    You've got a Cricut in your house ? C'mon man.....you're a bloke......you're from Yorkshire........get it in't bin and get a laser cutter in there instead.
    All I read there is spend money.. Sending a shiver down my spine.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I've only had a quick play but it's the Cricut Design Space which I think is the standard software and limiting is an understatement. Just pulled a few standard (free) shapes off so far. The sticky backing sheet has had it so the Vinyl kept moving rather than cutting so not too impressed so far.
    You've got a Cricut in your house ? C'mon man.....you're a bloke......you're from Yorkshire........get it in't bin and get a laser cutter in there instead.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    ahh but the comp is to write a guide, I rarely take WIP photos, that backpack took 3 months from start to finish! don't think I will get it done in 10 days
    I'm with NLUK I reckon you would do really well. If all else fails you might get some ideas from it. I liked the embossing press and 3D moulds as that might be something I could do.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I'd love a cricut but I'm banned from having clutter in the house.

I'm getting into bookbinding and cricut does great pseudo foil decals.

sorted just get a BabeShack (sounds cooler than my log cabin AKA 'The Manshack')

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    You need to get that backpack in the competition. You'll nail it.
    ahh but the comp is to write a guide, I rarely take WIP photos, that backpack took 3 months from start to finish! don't think I will get it done in 10 days

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Added some more photos
    You need to get that backpack in the competition. You'll nail it.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Ooh missed this!

No photos on me but I used HP ColorChoice Inkjet paper (100gsm) for writing journals and Fabiano Artistico for the watercolour sketchbooks.

The HP Premium paper is better at 110gsm, but that was the best I could get (still fountain pen friendly though).
    Have you thought about going full on & making the paper?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Any photos? what sort of paper are you using?
    Ooh missed this!

No photos on me but I used HP ColorChoice Inkjet paper (100gsm) for writing journals and Fabiano Artistico for the watercolour sketchbooks.

The HP Premium paper is better at 110gsm, but that was the best I could get (still fountain pen friendly though).

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Added some more photos

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Making new ones as journals and sketchbooks (yes I thought you'd be looking at bookbinding ).

I'll look at rebinding worn ones once I'm happy with my efforts.
    Any photos? what sort of paper are you using?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Didnt think about that. Looking at the state of the mat and the fact it belongs to a school its had some use so yes imagine it will want sharpening. No idea how to do that. Might just buy some new blades and the school gets it back refurbed.
    LOL, yes new blades is easy - you wont need the housing just the blade, also for vinyl the premium blade is overkill, the standard blades will do <amazon linky>

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Its not clutter - its a tool!

ohh I got a book on bookbinding as it follows on from the leather work, are you re-binding worn books or creating new ones?
    Making new ones as journals and sketchbooks (yes I thought you'd be looking at bookbinding ).

I'll look at rebinding worn ones once I'm happy with my efforts.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I was trying to be polite

By backing sheet I assume you mean the cutting mat? you can use masking tape to hold the vinyl on to the mat, also how old is the blade? does it need sharpening?
    Didnt think about that. Looking at the state of the mat and the fact it belongs to a school its had some use so yes imagine it will want sharpening. No idea how to do that. Might just buy some new blades and the school gets it back refurbed.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Its not clutter - its a tool!
    PC is a tool as well but you wouldn't want him around the house.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X