• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Seriously!!!!??

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Seriously!!!!??"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The swiss will be glad to help him they have few morals.
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    So NLyUK was right when she said she owned your arse?
    Late night shandy drinking again?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    doing my bit for the UK economy - helping the indigenous with their thirst for cheap credit
    So NLyUK was right when she said she owned your arse?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Are you quite sure this is the best time to be converting Sterling to Euros? Perhaps stick it in Gold for a few months until things settle down? You can (I believe) move Gold around quite easily and sell it in Euros when you need the cash.

The swiss will be glad to help him they have few morals.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    doing my bit for the UK economy - helping the indigenous with their thirst for cheap credit

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Anyway, hats off to Scooter, handing over a large sum of money to the UK banking bail-in, I hope some of it goes to the needy and not all to bankster bonuses this time.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Isn't the correct answer you should be buying bitcoin, because ultimately it will go up 1000x soon?
    That may turn out to be true in GBP terms.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Are you quite sure this is the best time to be converting Sterling to Euros? Perhaps stick it in Gold for a few months until things settle down? You can (I believe) move Gold around quite easily and sell it in Euros when you need the cash.
    Isn't the correct answer you should be buying bitcoin, because ultimately it will go up 1000x soon?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Two of my banks have posted / informed me with the message below. We're about to send the proceeds of our sale back to our Euro account. And now the UK introduces capital flight restrictions

No bank runs until I get my money out.
    Maybe they're just doing it to spite you.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Doing exactly that with about 30% of the sale proceeds. However not to chuffed about storing in the UK, might drive over and collect.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    What you need is some sort of "virtual" currency to allow you to change your "Fiat" into tokens back again in a different location.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Yeah I remember having a conversation with my bank manager

they seem to get the impression it is their money and not yours
    It's their money, until it become Jeremy Corbyns money...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Two of my banks have posted / informed me with the message below. We're about to send the proceeds of our sale back to our Euro account. And now the UK introduces capital flight restrictions

No bank runs until I get my money out.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Yup, you're now legally just a creditor. Hence the risk of 'bail-ins' for amounts over the FSCS limit.
    Well over the FSCS limit.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Yup, you're now legally just a creditor. Hence the risk of 'bail-ins' for amounts over the FSCS limit.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    There are economists that argue that it is indeed theirs.
    when you deposit in a bank you are lending them the money. It becomes their money, but they owe you the same amount back. If they can't afford to pay, you rely on the government under the FSCS to cover your loss.

So yes, it's their money.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X