• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The people found off the Kent coast since November:"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Or are you simply too thick to be able to tell the difference.
    Nail.....Head....Hit!!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I'm not thick, or downright rude, but it appears you are. I asked some simple questions which appear to have got your blood pressure up
    Would sir like a pineapple slice with that?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Does this mean you refuse to answer my simple questions, because it would upset you too much?
    Alright, I'll humour you. No, and IDK. That didn't upset me in the slightest, but it did waste 30 seconds of my life. That upsets me.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Why don't you re-read my original post halfway down P2 (which was meant to be tongue-in-cheek). If you don't appreciate a blunt response, try to avoid asking really stupid questions.

HTHBIDI.

Does this mean you refuse to answer my simple questions, because it would upset you too much?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I'm not thick, or downright rude, but it appears you are. I asked some simple questions which appear to have got your blood pressure up
    Why don't you re-read my original post halfway down P2 (which was meant to be tongue-in-cheek). If you don't appreciate a blunt response, try to avoid asking really stupid questions.

HTHBIDI.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    How do you get from "some might try" to "is it 100%"?
    At no point did I say ALL THOSE PEOPLE IN BOATS ARE ISIS TERRORISTS.

What I did say was THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT A SMALL NUMBER MIGHT BE ISIS TERRORISTS.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    It must be hard for you not to be able to leave your house due to fear.

“If any of my neighbours are ISIS...”
    “If the postman is ISIS...”
    “If there’s anyone in the town that’s ISIS...”
    Etc

Are ISIS even a thing any more? Or is that still the 2015 bogeyman that you’re using to scare yourself with?

What I did say was THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT A SMALL NUMBER MIGHT BE ISIS TERRORISTS.

Do you struggle to leave your house, draped in that cloak of fear?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    What % of the people coming by boat are terrorist? Is it 100%?
    What % of them are Muslim? Is it 100%?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Not what he said at all.
    No, but at least he took a position and holds an opinion, whereas your contribution is simple pedantry. Why bother?

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    It shouldn't take a great leap of imagination that some might try to get across under the guise of being a refugee.
    Stupidly redundant questions

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    This might help, but it doesn’t suit his narrative that they are all ISIS-supporting terrorists:
    Not what he said at all.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    This might help, but it doesn’t suit his narrative that they are all ISIS-supporting terrorists:

Britain must do more to protect persecuted Christians in the Middle East, Jeremy Hunt says

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Love how some of the kippers attitudes on this thread towards immigration have all of a sudden become less 'hostel environment' and more 'they're just searching for a better life'

It'll be 'Mary Poppins for tea and biscuits' this time next year

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    It shouldn't take a great leap of imagination that some might try to get across under the guise of being a refugee.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    And do you know why people fall into extremism, it's because they are treated badly and as an outsider by xenophobes like yourself.
    Some of them, sure. But some of them are just murderous gits.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    This makes no sense ..... those trying to get across the channel have never been to the UK before and therefore they are not attempting to return to the UK, and hence are not the ISIS fighters you infer.

Returning ISIS fighters are mostly UK nationals and have UK passports. They became radicalised in the UK, and we exported these terrorists to other countries. What does that make the UK in your head? Or do you not associate the country that creates these terrorists and simply look at their heritage and skin colour?

Those trying to get across on the boats are refugees or most likely, economic immigrants. No different to when Brits want to move abroad to get a better life for their family. We even have TV shows of Brits aiming to do the same in other countries .... do you not think people should have the basic human right to better their lives?
    However they cannot return by conventional means. It shouldn't take a great leap of imagination that some might try to get across under the guise of being a refugee. Most were probably radicalised via the internet. Being UK citizens has little or nothing to do with their being terrorists. Some of them were in fact white Muslim converts. I didn't mention skin colour, so don't try and paint me as a racist.
    We have an immigration system, as do most countries. Those who seek to come here should follow the rules and procedures, and we should treat them on merit. Brits seeking a different life in France are not jumping on dinghies to cross the channel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X