• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Theresa May to face leadership challenge"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    JRM savaged: Jacob Rees-Mogg and his lack of guile has condemned him | British GQ

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Oh dear, have I just sown the seeds of a terrible nagging suspicion we'll be leaving with no deal?
    Have you noticed that even the most hardened no deal Brexiteer uses the term "managed" no deal. JRM even talked about dangling 39 billion in front of the EU to get a "managed" no deal. What else will he be dangling in front of the EU.

I will guarantee you that the "management" terms will not be greatly different from May's Brino.

This is like Trump renegotiating NAFTA and renaming it ATFAN.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Oh dear, have I just sown the seeds of a terrible nagging suspicion we'll be leaving with no deal?
    It looks more attractive by the day.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    When you fell out of the stupid tree, you really did hit all the branches on the way down, didn't you?
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 13 December 2018, 10:34.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    If I were May I'd be letting the 48 know which new seat they will contesting next time around.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    You won't be getting your Einbürgerung soon with that...
    Oh ja, slip..ich meine "alle", manchmal English immer kommt erst in meiner kopf, und daraus ales ist gemischt wenn ich muss schreibt..

you'd be surprised who they let in. Almost got me Einbürgerung, watch this space.

Gwd I hate Deutsch, why must it be so taxing on my middle aged brain?

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    1. The Scottish Parliament is elected on a proportional system designed never to allow one party a majority. There has been one anomaly, in the previous parliament, where the SNP won one. Any party ever wishing to vote anything through, needs the cooperation of members from other parties.

2. The Scottish government does not run a deficit. It's not permitted to,
    Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

1. So? The SNP are just short of a majority and have to do a deal with at least one minor party to pass their budget. As of now, they don't have anyone who will deal with them. Scottish budget negotiations stall - BBC News. By contrast, the Westminster Tories are just short of a majority and have to do a deal with at least one minor party to pass their budget. And they managed. Perhaps Nicola Sturgeon and Mackay are even more incompetent than May and Hammond.

2. Ok. They aren't permitted to run a deficit. Someone might tell Nicola. "Yes, Scotland has a deficit and it’s a deficit we want to see reduced to sustainable levels." Independent Scotland would need to cut deficit, says Sturgeon | Politics | The Guardian

You can argue semantics all you want but Derek Mackay is using inflation to push more people into the higher rate band and he isn't using the funds to reduce the deficit/shortfall/whatever you want to label it, he's just going to spend more and more. Hardly a case for putting the SNP in charge of anything.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Come on Tory Brexiteers. You had a leadership vote in 2016 for Theresa May. You lost. Get over it. Respect the will of the Tory party, etc.

Oh wait you're allowed a second vote?
    Well, technically she was unopposed in 2016... But yes, the Gammons misjudged their hand this week, didn't they? Personally I think May submitted one of the 48 letters.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    rdeEs wäre Super für jedermann, wenn sie ist gehen wü.
    You won't be getting your Einbürgerung soon with that...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Es wäre Super für jedermann, wenn sie ist gehen würde.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    She's through. Way to go Theresa!!

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    A couple of weeks ago I'm taking the family home after a day out, only about half a mile from home when who should pass by in the opposite direction but Teresa May (grinning like a Cheshire cat) and a cavalcade of security personnel in a variety of vehicles.

We spent about two minutes wondering what was going on until we passed a pheasant shoot lined-up on the local estate blasting everything that moved with their shotguns, certainly the largest I've seen all season.

The woman is bribing everyone to get what she wants.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    No.
    Spoilsport.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    JRM on shortly afterwards, saying that a significant number of the votes “for” were from people “on her payroll”.

Is he suggesting that they were bribed?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    JRM on shortly afterwards, saying that a significant number of the votes “for” were from people “on her payroll”.

Is he suggesting that they were bribed?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X