• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The SAS are a bunch of big girl's blouses"

Collapse

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Haven't done Fan Dance (And may never now, thanks to a stupid sciatic nerve) but a few hard arse girlies were doing Paras 10 when I did them.

Though I have to confess, I went to check the times and only 9 / 40+ came in ahead of me, but three seniors did it in < 1:50.

10 and 15 milers, pah, women are already doing the hardest ultra-marathons.

In pictures: Sophie Raworth and the 150-mile desert ultra-marathon

Not bad for a news presenter. Inspiring read but I think I'll stick to the 5k and 10k distances.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    No reason to not let women be invited to try out for the SAS, dropping the standards would be wrong imho but if they can meet the requirements why not let them?

Although it will be a while I guess as, it I recall correctly, you have to have several years of front line experience first?

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Let 'em apply.

I'd quite like to see a few girlies doing the fan dance.
    Haven't done Fan Dance (And may never now, thanks to a stupid sciatic nerve) but a few hard arse girlies were doing Paras 10 when I did them.

Though I have to confess, I went to check the times and only 9 / 40+ came in ahead of me, but three seniors did it in < 1:50.
    Last edited by vwdan; 26 October 2018, 09:10.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Better then surrendering after 5 days then spending the rest of the war informing on their neighbours like the Dutch did?
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Let 'em apply.

Better then peeling potatoes, like private Shaun the Sheep?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Let 'em apply.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    The BBC should know better than to do click bait headlines as the real story is:

Women will be able to apply for any British military role for the first time.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Women are already allowed to work for SAS for many years

and that's the closest your lot'll ever get to SAS

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Women are already allowed to work for SAS for many years

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    The SAS aren't american

No but the American's have had frontline females for a while, it all started with they are equal and turned into 'its a prospective american mum being raped by towelheads' so they sent in more forces to rescue her.

The SAS get captured and the top brass say "leave it a couple of weeks and they will be back having wiped out the enemy with a toothpick." they normally are. Not going to happen (the public will demand action) if there is a mum of two along with them.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    The SAS don’t want the fittest or strongest people, they can make people into the super soldiers needed in those aspects. They want the people who will keep going and not give up
    I have experience of this in the Brexit sub forum.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    They are well ahead of you

Access Denied

As demonstrated by the yanks .
    The SAS aren't american

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    They are well ahead of you

Access Denied

The army’s physical training is “optimised for male physiology” and tests are based on “old and incomplete science”, according to a Ministry of Defence document seen by The Sunday Times. The MoD says it is attempting to identify the “most effective” training methods for female infantry troops.
    As demonstrated by the yanks when a woman is kidnapped they will fly in with everything, when half a dozen blokes get kidnapped they will just leave them and negotiate.

Sorry I am not sure its a good idea putting them in harms way.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    The SAS don’t want the fittest or strongest people, they can make people into the super soldiers needed in those aspects. They want the people who will keep going and not give up
    Ah. A very good point. But they still have to be physically able as well as mentally. But yes good point.

Once the physical test can be passed all the others should be able to be done by any gender.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X