• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gold bullion and storage in the UK"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Ssshsh!

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    if you can't touch it you don't own it.
    Errr. Bitcoins????

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    How much does holding it at home affect your insurance price? How does physical bullion ownership impact your home security?
    Not to mention the risk of being burgled by the man from the Pru...

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    Cheers - This is GBP I'm looking to put into gold. I'd rather hold the physical stuff, as they say.. if you can't touch it you don't own it.
    How much does holding it at home affect your insurance price? How does physical bullion ownership impact your home security?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Cheers - This is GBP I'm looking to put into gold. I'd rather hold the physical stuff, as they say.. if you can't touch it you don't own it.
    If that doesn't sum up the utter tripe you talk I don't know what does.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Wow, that's odd, my missus has one of those ornaments on the bedside table, next the milkman
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Forgot about the Corbyn factor.... good point. Switzerland or Munich then.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Anyone have some recommendations? Turning out to be a bit of a minefield and I'm not comfortable storing in the house...
    Store it somewhere where Corbyn can't nationalise it, so the Royal Mint & Lloyds are not risk-free.
    Switzerland would probably be your best bet. Although if it's an H Samuel signet ring, you're probably OK keeping it at home. HTH.
    Last edited by Mordac; 20 October 2018, 10:56.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Sad times when a man on the internet publicly declares his inferior <cough> is no match for 'Made in China' ornament and a trashy Novel about a man who was abused as a child.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Wow, that's odd, my missus has one of those ornaments on the bedside table, next to her copy of fifty shades of grey. ..

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SeededLoaf
    replied
    Lloyds Bank - UK Bank Accounts - Safe Deposit Boxes

£200 a year for a small safety deposit box.

Have you converted all of your digital gold to the physical stuff?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Digital Gold by The Royal Mint looks right up your street.
    first good recommendation! Thanks...

Don't wish to transfer my house sale proceeds into Euro or Swiss francs in order to buy the shiny metal and loose value in the process. Also costs of storage in Zurich are a bit cheeky.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Anyone have some recommendations? Turning out to be a bit of a minefield and I'm not comfortable storing in the house...

Digital Gold by The Royal Mint looks right up your street.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Bling it up dude...

Pure gold is soft as sh*t. So shouldn't there be a couple of interlaced rows of diamonds along the rims of those gnashers to actually use them properly?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X