• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sanctions on Saudi

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sanctions on Saudi"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Have we sent a gun boat yet??

Do, Please, wake me when we do, there's good chaps

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Trouble reading again? Definitely Brexiters. I've highlighted the keyword for you.

Oh FFS Natwit, don't you get bored of being proven wrong?

Abuse of migrant workers is now a top risk for businesses | Guardian Sustainable Business | The Guardian

The notion that the world’s largest corporations are profiting from abusive labour practices is, regrettably, nothing new. A stinging report from the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) recently estimated that the world’s 50 largest companies indirectly employ 116m “hidden” undocumented workers – equivalent to 94% of all the workers connected to their business.

Not brexiters its your pension investments screwing over the small people.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    I think Russia and the United States TOGETHER could invade Saudi Arabia, depose the leaders, and help themselves to free oil (or what's left of it). The run of luck that those arabs have had over the past 50 years by virtue of owning a piece of oil-rich land should carefully come to an end.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Bremoaners surely?
    Trouble reading again? Definitely Brexiters. I've highlighted the keyword for you.

They are a bunch of vicious medieval racists who are slaughtering huge portions of their population, mistreating their immigrant workers and womenfolk as well.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Are we talking about Brexiteers again?

Bremoaners surely? they have a weird belief system and believe Federal/Fuedal states are a good idea

Leave a comment:

• BlackCountryContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Your pithy comment had me in stitches for almost 4-5 minutes

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    They are a bunch of vicious medieval racists who are slaughtering huge portions of their population, mistreating their immigrant workers and womenfolk as well.

Leave a comment:

• BlackCountryContractor
    replied
    Crikey we are all on a bender tonight about Saudi Arabia, any more we adding to the list?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    The only reason Saudi Arabia exists is because none of the big powers want anyone of the other big powers to control that much oil.

At vetran says - a vile place.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    no need to apologise - my answers didn't explain properly the angle of thought

I have no argument to your comments in the context

nevertheless, I am surprised by this twist of events that Saudi have so upfront put themselves into the limelight and the potential for escalation and consequences

Milan.
    Why? The Russians got away with murder on foreign territory on more than one occasion.

It is pointless to carry a big stick if you don't actually use it once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    OK I apologise , morally we should do something but its is scary.

no need to apologise - my answers didn't explain properly the angle of thought

I have no argument to your comments in the context

nevertheless, I am surprised by this twist of events that Saudi have so upfront put themselves into the limelight and the potential for escalation and consequences

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    no I don't find it funny

this is what the boss of the state media organization said yesterday

US sanctions on Riyadh would mean Washington is stabbing itself - Al Arabiya English

basically Oil will trade in Chinese Yuan (goodbye pretodollar), Russia will have military bases in Saudi, buy Russian arms instead of US and closer ties with iran

this is what the same person says today...

Saudi Arabia’s message: Enough is enough! - Al Arabiya English

and this is the western media covering it

saudi sanctions - Google Search

it's not funny, it's scary and it is surprising the sequence of events which lead to it

what happens next is anybody's guess

good luck and maybe time for a bit of prepping

Milan.
    OK I apologise , morally we should do something but its is scary.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    OK I have been trying to restrain my more direct language so lets see what I would have said previously.

The only reason any civilised nation talks to them is that millions of prehistoric dinosaurs died under their territory then rotted for millennia and we need this to power our rape of the earth. So we sell them the weapons to kill their population and kiss their bloody hands to get our hands on their oil.

We are so far up their arse it should disgust any sane person.

I suspect if they hadn't had the oil they would probably be in a slightly worse state than Angola, I like to think that would be entirely just.

Sad you find it funny, it says much more about you than me.

no I don't find it funny

this is what the boss of the state media organization said yesterday

US sanctions on Riyadh would mean Washington is stabbing itself - Al Arabiya English

basically Oil will trade in Chinese Yuan (goodbye pretodollar), Russia will have military bases in Saudi, buy Russian arms instead of US and closer ties with iran

this is what the same person says today...

Saudi Arabia’s message: Enough is enough! - Al Arabiya English

and this is the western media covering it

saudi sanctions - Google Search

it's not funny, it's scary and it is surprising the sequence of events which lead to it

what happens next is anybody's guess

good luck and maybe time for a bit of prepping

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    are you following this story, or Celebrity Big Brother

Milan.

OK I have been trying to restrain my more direct language so lets see what I would have said previously.

The only reason any civilised nation talks to them is that millions of prehistoric dinosaurs died under their territory then rotted for millennia and we need this to power our rape of the earth. So we sell them the weapons to kill their population and kiss their bloody hands to get our hands on their oil.

We are so far up their arse it should disgust any sane person.

I suspect if they hadn't had the oil they would probably be in a slightly worse state than Angola, I like to think that would be entirely just.

Sad you find it funny, it says much more about you than me.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I would say he is (sorry to say) long gone

what will happen next is going to be interesting

who could have predicted that as sequence of events would happen which lead to the point of Saudi being threatened with sanctions and Saudi threatening their response to sanctions (this is a hint for the dodo's amongst us to look this up and see what Saudi is threatening the US with)

Milan.
    It gets more interesting with Iran threatening Israel, USA and Saudi.

Mind you, two months ago, the Saudis were threatening Canada with a 9/11 repeat when this all kicked off initially. WW3 is gonna be messy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X