• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Presidential text

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Presidential text"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    where is your sense of humour?
    He's gone native: it's been surgically removed.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Once again you are wrong

where is your sense of humour?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    that's nice the special school paid for you, our tax pounds at work!
    Once again you are wrong

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    - in the end, not really worth it...luckily I didn't have to pay
    that's nice the special school paid for you, our tax pounds at work!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    We'll give you some time to come up with a plausible explanation as to why you were in a haunted house with a bunch of kids. Looks like you'll probably need it...
    I could say I was following their 'yummy mummys' but I can't really as Disneyland is full of white trash...further to that, Disneyland

- only saw 3 British families, football shirts, tattoos, wives with humongous backsides, you guessed, they fitted right in with the locals
    - millions and absolutely millions of prams
    - I have never, ever seen so many mobility scooters
    - food is overpriced and crap
    - rides are not all that much (driving on the Interstate is more exciting), luckily I had Fastpass so no 2 hour queues otherwise I would have left
    - in the end, not really worth it...luckily I didn't have to pay

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    This is actually an expansion of an existing service that does just that, send out alerts regionally. What they have now doe is test it at a national level.

Despite the title it's actually nothing to do with Trump or the Whitehouse (for a change).
    Don't spoil it for the chattering Guardian reading liberals!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Got this twice yesterday

Presidential alert: US mobile phones get test message - BBC News

Once was in the Haunted House and about 40 phones all went off... Causing some panic and scaring the tulip out of little kids
    We'll give you some time to come up with a plausible explanation as to why you were in a haunted house with a bunch of kids. Looks like you'll probably need it...

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Sounds like an eminently sensible tool assuming they can control the panic and direct it to a specific area if needed. Maybe by using the location of cellphone tower.
    This is actually an expansion of an existing service that does just that, send out alerts regionally. What they have now doe is test it at a national level.

Despite the title it's actually nothing to do with Trump or the Whitehouse (for a change).

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Causing some panic and scaring the tulip out of little kids
    Is it any wonder why....?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Got this twice yesterday

Once was in the Haunted House and about 40 phones all went off... Causing some panic and scaring the tulip out of little kids

Sounds like an eminently sensible tool assuming they can control the panic and direct it to a specific area if needed. Maybe by using the location of cellphone tower.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    started a topic Presidential text

Presidential text

Got this twice yesterday

Working...
X