• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Forum update

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Forum update"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Absolutely! Now we have this workaround, I'm taking that off the list

Damn you remind me of a developer I worked with before.

Oh the users can sacrifice a goat and get there so I don't see it as a fault.

Trouble was we were running out of goats. Good curry though.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Was that something that could be done before and stopped working?

If so, how did it work, so I know where to look?
    No, just a NTH since the advent of a certain subforum filling the 'new posts' list with drivel

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Please can we have the option on 'new posts' to only see selected forums?
    Was that something that could be done before and stopped working?

If so, how did it work, so I know where to look?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Admin outsourced the upgrade to the Department for Exiting the European Union.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    So it is! I wonder if it's supposed to be like that

It's a UDF*, popular with developers the world over.

* undocumented feature.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You made me look at the source code, and I've now found an easier workaround!

Right Click on "Notifications" and then open link in new tab/window.

The code for the settings page is now tied to the Notifications text. But the Notifications is set as a drop down, so it ignores the link and performs the dropdown instead.
    So it is! I wonder if it's supposed to be like that

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    It still is, you just can't see it or click on it (unless you get your mouse pointer on a particular couple of pixels) because the text that's supposed to be inside it is missing
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Or right-click on My Profile, press Esc, then hold shift and press Tab, then press return. #oldschool
    You made me look at the source code, and I've now found an easier workaround!

Right Click on "Notifications" and then open link in new tab/window.

The code for the settings page is now tied to the Notifications text. But the Notifications is set as a drop down, so it ignores the link and performs the dropdown instead.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Or right-click on My Profile, press Esc, then hold shift and press Tab, then press return. #oldschool

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    It still is, you just can't see it or click on it (unless you get your mouse pointer on a particular couple of pixels) because the text that's supposed to be inside it is missing

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    ...and (this one is a bit of a limited appeal requirement)...

Can you change the code on the Mod button (menu at the bottom of the screen) to open in a new tab/window?
    Straying into the territory of feature requests rather than bug reports there… I'll see what I can do once the broken stuff is unbroken

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Link to CP settings? It used to be between "My Profile" and "Privacy Policy" in the top menu bar.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    ...and (this one is a bit of a limited appeal requirement)...

Can you change the code on the Mod button (menu at the bottom of the screen) to open in a new tab/window?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Please can we have the option on 'new posts' to only see selected forums?
    Or a 'forum ignore' option ???

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    It is rather

I'll add it to the list…

Speaking of which everybody: I have a list, so please post any breakage you notice in this thread and I'll add it
    • Favicon
    • Top & bottom links to all forums
    • Editor pages smiley box alignment
    • Who's Online
    Link to CP settings? It used to be between "My Profile" and "Privacy Policy" in the top menu bar.

Oh, and can we have a mod page that ranks us by who has banned the most people in the last week/month/6 months/Since MF, then maybe a piece of code that every time we ban a sockie, we get special reps. Then as part of our Christmas bonus, the mod with the most reps gets the biggest bonus, the next mod gets the next biggest and the mod with the least reps gets nothing. Or just code it so NAT gets nothing, save the calculation.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bumping for NF/Admin:

The "Who's Online" functionality is giving a blank screen
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/online.php

I've checked using:
    Safari Version 12.0.1 (14606.2.104.1.1)
    Chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Opera Version:56.0.3051.104
    It is rather

I'll add it to the list…

Speaking of which everybody: I have a list, so please post any breakage you notice anywhere on the forum in this thread and I'll add it
    • Favicon

• Top & bottom links to all forums

• Editor pages smiley box alignment

• Who's Online

• A reply button on the thread when you are not logged in.. (used to just take you to the log on page) HT originalPM

• When you rep someone their rep level disappears until you refresh the page and it comes back. HT northernladuk - this also happens when you edit a post, and certain other operations that update content in-place

• Link to CP settings? It used to be between "My Profile" and "Privacy Policy" in the top menu bar. HT WTFH

• Can you change the code on the Mod button (menu at the bottom of the screen) to open in a new tab/window? HT WTFH

• Oh, the expanded menu with subforums displayed has gone HT NLUK - I assume you mean the "Quick Navigation" menu at the bottom of the forum list? Anyway, that's the one I'm fixing…

• Vimeo embeds not appearing

• Almost everything to do with Social Groups is broken in some manner.

Last edited by NickFitz; 3 December 2018, 21:32.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X