• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Finally the Scots get it!"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You're missing out.

You don't eat the 'bag' - slice it open and enjoy the contents. Give it a go - you won't regret it.

My mother used to serve tripe occasionally. Disgusting stuff. At least the way she cooked it - no idea if it has potential.
    cook long & low apparently with plenty of robust flavours. The Portuguese seem to like it.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Haggis is stomach? Bleh! I still remember my disgust when I was a small boy at seeing my mother eat tripe.
    You're missing out.

You don't eat the 'bag' - slice it open and enjoy the contents. Give it a go - you won't regret it.

My mother used to serve tripe occasionally. Disgusting stuff. At least the way she cooked it - no idea if it has potential.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Black pudding for breakfast this morning thanks to this thread.

Yay!
    Fry up tomorrow morning for me. Bacon, egg, black pudding barm with brown sauce.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Black pudding for breakfast this morning thanks to this thread.

Yay!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Looks like and tastes like dogfood:

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    They might just, if they enter the ladies competition
    Until then, the tartan army be wearing skirts instead of kilts?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    I thought this was going to be about Scotland qualifying for a football World Cup.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45415789

Like the England Women getting to a World Cup semi-final (in 2015) followed by the men (this year ) maybe the Scotland men's team will qualify for the next World Cup too.
    They might just, if they enter the ladies competition

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    I thought this was going to be about Scotland qualifying for a football World Cup.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45415789

Like the England Women getting to a World Cup semi-final (in 2015) followed by the men (this year ) maybe the Scotland men's team will qualify for the next World Cup too.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    I'd hate to be asked to choose between them , myself.
    They're both ambrosia IMHO
    Always happy to have both myself.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Where eagles dare, you'll find that Broadswords and Danny Boys go together well.

Interesting version.

Burton & Clint what a combination!

try this about 1:00

Last edited by vetran; 5 September 2018, 11:15.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    A good point. It also pains me, as a resident of the Metropolitan Borough of Bury (although with a Manchester postcode I hasten to add), to concede that haggis is superior to black pudding.
    I'd hate to be asked to choose between them , myself.
    They're both ambrosia IMHO

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    ...Broadswords, DannyBoy...

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What on Earth is or was a Danny Boy? A small garrulous Irishman you can wield in battle to talk your opponent to death?
    Where eagles dare, you'll find that Broadswords and Danny Boys go together well.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    ... we were doing the tour of Urquhart castle and there was a guy dressed in battle gear with an assortment of weapons (Claymores, Broadswords, DannyBoy's) ...
    What on Earth is or was a Danny Boy? A small garrulous Irishman you can wield in battle to talk your opponent to death?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    So good she even had a shave for it.

Did she pursue the hirsute look to avoid over exciting Alex?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Has anyone here actually tried haggis? The name puts me off!
    Yep, it's lovely. But then I'm from the Black Country where scratchings, grey peas & bacon and faggots are our regional favourites, so maybe I'm not the best judge

Leave a comment:

Working...
X